“Kilimanjaro Climb and Safari--June 2014”

Warrior Trails Day Tour
Ranked #18 of 438 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Karibu!... Welcome! to East Africa and the beautiful, friendly country of Tanzania. With years of experience, planning, and guiding customized, private safaris throughout Tanzania, we at Warrior Trails are dedicated to enriching the travel experiences of our valued guests. Beloved by clients and respected by peers, we are known around the world as the safari company that creates unforgettable safaris and lifelong memories. Whether it is witnessing the greatest wildlife migration on earth, visiting a Maasai boma, or visiting the best kept secret in the Indian Ocean, we look forward to helping you create a memorable itinerary based on our intimate knowledge of Tanzania's treasures. "Safari" is a Kiswahili word meaning journey. Over the last hundred years or more, "safari" has come to mean a journey to discover the fantastic wildlife, cultures, and scenery of East Africa. Your safari with Warrior Trails is a personal journey - a discovery trail of new places, people, and experiences to be treasured for a lifetime. We hope our website will inspire you to travel with us in one of Africa's premier travel destinations for a truly unique, and highly customized safari adventure.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

In late May and early June we traveled to Tanzania to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and go on safari. We contracted with Warrior Trails. I like to use local tour companies but am always unsure of what we will get. Rest assured Warrior Trails, in our experience, will make your trip an incredible experience. We were in good hands from the very beginning. Jackson was so good throughout the planning process, answering all of our questions, making recommendations based on his knowledge and providing multiple quotes as we frequently changed plans. This level of service was provided throughout the entire trip.

Our guides on the mountain, Elly and Naga were incredible! Safety was their chief concern, but our experience with them was so much more than just a safe and successful summit. All along the way we talked about Tanzanian history, culture, current struggles etc. That is one of the most valuable things that I returned home with. The entire crew was phenomenal and I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to climb Kili.

After we completed the climb we returned to Arusha before starting our safari. We thought that it would be tough for our safari guide to be as good as Elly had been, but then we met Nicholas, our guide for the safari. He too was phenomenal! You can tell that wants to be very good at his job and provide for clients not just photo opportunities but knowledge and experiences. His knowledge of flora and fauna is astounding but more impressive was his ability to use his knowledge of behavior to put us in great positions. On our first day in the Serengeti, it had just finished raining when Nicholas spotted two male lions sleeping in the distance. All of the other safari vehicles would pause briefly and then continue on. Nicholas recommended that we wait and see what they do. In the end we ended up witnessing a very large pack of lions chasing away a female from another pride! It was such an unforgettable experience as they all ran right by us! While we were excited to see all of the big 5, just like with the climb and achieving the summit, we walked away feeling like we had achieved so much more. Nicholas left us with an appreciation for observing animal behaviors as well as understanding the local culture.

Overall, I don't think we could have asked for any better experience on our trip. TripAdvisor was such a great resource for us that we wanted to make sure to pass along to future travelers our recommendation for Warrior Trails. While I'm sure there are many quality tour companies in Tanzania, I can only speak based on our experience with Warrior Trails, but I have no reservations recommending them to anyone going to Tanzania. You won't be disappointed!!

All reviews
"dk grand safaris"
in 3 reviews
"unique things"
"knew immediately"
"crossing rivers"
"his reputation"
in 2 reviews
"excellent level of service"
"any special requests"
"great driving skills"
"solo female"
"grew up"
in 3 reviews
"safari experience was amazing"
"his job"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A few weeks ago I finished a five day safari with Warrior Trails. I organised the safari at very short notice over email with William yet he accomodated all my requests and was so prompt in all his replies. My friend and I ended up with our perfect itinerary for a very competitive price, the only issue we had in the booking process was the lack of credit card facilities which would have been much more helpful given the size of the transactions we were trying to make at such short notice.
We were absolutely blown away by the quality of accommodation and food over the safari. By far the highlight of the trip though was our Warrior Trails guide Emmanuel! I feel like I spent 5 days laughing - the three of us had the best time driving around in the car, searching for wildlife and learning Swahili. Emmanuel helped us with EVERYTHING, he took the time to explain everything, to answer all our questions and point out interesting things about the landscape, culture and wildlife along the way. He even brought along his own awesome pair of binoculars to share with us (so much better than our own!). Also he is a great driver, some of our days were long and on tough roads but Emmanuel is incredibly good at his job and I always felt like I was in safe hands.
I honestly could not have asked for anything more for my first safari - If you are looking to go on safari don't bother looking any further than Warrior Trails.

Thanks for such an amazing experience William, Jackson and Emmanuel!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just completed an 8 day Tanzanian safari followed by 5 days in Zanzibar all organised perfectly by Warrior Trails. After reading the great Trip Advisor reviews in my research earlier this year, I emailed for details and costings and was very impressed with the consistently prompt replies by Jackson ( to my many queries). Dealing direct with the company also enables a great value for money price in comparison to competitors .
Our guide , Emmanuel, was smiling, professional, knowledgeable , obliging ( and a very good and safe driver) from the time he collected us at Kilimanjaro airport.
We were also impressed that the owner, Clamion, met with us both before and after the safari and took charge regarding one case that failed to appear after our flight . He followed up with the airline, collected it when available the next day and arranged delivery to our second night safari accommodation !!!
Warrior Trails also organised our 3 day trip to see the gorillas ( thru a partner company in Rwanda - Let's Go Tours Ltd)and they, too, we're fantastic and supplied great accommodation .
Our only concern throughout the whole process was having to wire the payment direct to their account in Africa - having never previously done this we were , initially apprehensive. However Jackson was quick to confirm receipt and allay our initial fears.
We LOVED everything about our trip and will definitely be recommending Warrior Trails to anyone we hear is planning a trip to Africa

Reviewed 6 July 2014

It's incredible when a dream trip exceeds your expectations and that is exactly what happened for our family safari to Tanzania with Warrior Trails! Wow. The experience was just awesome and Warrior Trails was terrific. They were very friendly, helpful and reliable planning and throughout our trip. Nicholas was a great guide and the rest of the team was great too. We would certainly recommend Warrior Trails to anyone considering a safari in Tanzania. We were able to customize our trip and travel as a family of four in a single jeep on our own schedule. Nicholas knocked everything off our wish list and more! Thank you Warrior Trails for the trip of a lifetime.