“An experience of a lifetime”

Warrior Trails Day Tour
Ranked #17 of 459 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Karibu!... Welcome! to East Africa and the beautiful, friendly country of Tanzania. With years of experience, planning, and guiding customized, private safaris throughout Tanzania, we at Warrior Trails are dedicated to enriching the travel experiences of our valued guests. Beloved by clients and respected by peers, we are known around the world as the safari company that creates unforgettable safaris and lifelong memories. Whether it is witnessing the greatest wildlife migration on earth, visiting a Maasai boma, or visiting the best kept secret in the Indian Ocean, we look forward to helping you create a memorable itinerary based on our intimate knowledge of Tanzania's treasures. "Safari" is a Kiswahili word meaning journey. Over the last hundred years or more, "safari" has come to mean a journey to discover the fantastic wildlife, cultures, and scenery of East Africa. Your safari with Warrior Trails is a personal journey - a discovery trail of new places, people, and experiences to be treasured for a lifetime. We hope our website will inspire you to travel with us in one of Africa's premier travel destinations for a truly unique, and highly customized safari adventure.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We love, love loved Warrior Trails. The hotel options were great, the drivers were really helpful and cooperative and the experiences at the Crater and Serengeti were life changing.I don't think you should look any further when considering tour operators in Tanzania as these guys are were really well priced, well organised and genuinely nice people. I felt safe, the tours were well thought out and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

All reviews
"dk grand safaris"
in 3 reviews
"unique things"
"knew immediately"
"crossing rivers"
"his reputation"
in 2 reviews
"excellent level of service"
"any special requests"
in 7 reviews
"outlets for charging"
"great driving skills"
in 2 reviews
"safari experience was amazing"
"grew up"
in 3 reviews
"his job"
in 9 reviews
"annual migration"
"small fridge"

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Myself and my girlfriend recently completed a safari tour with warrior trails and it was a dream come true. We're not normally ones to leave reviews on TA but having used it extensively to judge which tour operator to use thought this would be a good place to leave advice for others.

When we selected Warrior we were at a total loss as to who to select. Few companies have reviews in guidebooks and travel agents little more advice. The tour websites are largely the same offering the same testimonials and similar tours.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Warrior. What swung it is their swiftness to respond and their ability to tailor our itinerary to our needs (as well as some advice about how we could see the great migration if we wanted to). The point here is that we didn't know what we wanted but Jackson was happy to provide many options and alternatives to tweak our experience. Many other companies were slow to reply or inflexible with the itinerary. The price was fair (not no frills but were weren't expecting luxury before arrival) and although we had to pay in full by bank transfer we did this with confidence.

The trip was everything we hoped for. We were met in timely fashion at the airport and put in a nice hotel after our long day of getting to Africa. After that we were in the hands of Frank for the next 5 days. We did 4 safari locations with Frank as a guide and it was amazing. FRANK IS AMAZING! We saw pretty much everything, including all of the big 5 during the trip. (This includes a Black Rhino that Frank took it as a personal challenge to find - there are only 19 left in Ngorongoro). We also learned a lot about the animals and birds and saw amazing behaviours (hunting, mating, protecting their kills).

All the accommodation selected was great with a good level of comfort for a couple even when elephants were trying to steal our shower water deep into the Serengeti (definitely stay at Kati Kati for a really wild experience!) We had left it a little late in booking but Jackson sorted out everything and even managed to make some late upgrades which we were very grateful for.

The other thing that makes Warrior stand out is their Masai background. We learned so much about their culture. They also put their profits back into the community and have recently opened up a new school among other projects.

Essentially, I don't know what other operators offered but we felt we got the ultimate experience with expert as well as very kind people. Would not have changed a thing.

Marcus and Christine

1  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently completed a 5 day safari with a friend through Tarangire, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Natron. Although we booked at incredibly short notice, the staff did everything in their power to ensure our needs were met and tailored a safari that suited our budget and time constraints. William went above and beyond, even coming to or hotel on his day off so we could get everything organised. We packed so much into those 5 days, more than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime! The accommodation and meals were outstanding; each day we were blown away by the quality of what was included. On top of everything, our guide, Emmanuel, was informative, hilarious and above all, a great driver and tour guide! His car was always clean and he made the ride on those bumpy Tanzanian roads as comfortable as it ever could have been. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

It was nothing short of incredible. I'm so glad we went with a local, Tanzanian company. If anyone is considering a safari, I would highly recommend booking with Warrior Trails!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

In late May and early June we traveled to Tanzania to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro and go on safari. We contracted with Warrior Trails. I like to use local tour companies but am always unsure of what we will get. Rest assured Warrior Trails, in our experience, will make your trip an incredible experience. We were in good hands from the very beginning. Jackson was so good throughout the planning process, answering all of our questions, making recommendations based on his knowledge and providing multiple quotes as we frequently changed plans. This level of service was provided throughout the entire trip.

Our guides on the mountain, Elly and Naga were incredible! Safety was their chief concern, but our experience with them was so much more than just a safe and successful summit. All along the way we talked about Tanzanian history, culture, current struggles etc. That is one of the most valuable things that I returned home with. The entire crew was phenomenal and I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to climb Kili.

After we completed the climb we returned to Arusha before starting our safari. We thought that it would be tough for our safari guide to be as good as Elly had been, but then we met Nicholas, our guide for the safari. He too was phenomenal! You can tell that wants to be very good at his job and provide for clients not just photo opportunities but knowledge and experiences. His knowledge of flora and fauna is astounding but more impressive was his ability to use his knowledge of behavior to put us in great positions. On our first day in the Serengeti, it had just finished raining when Nicholas spotted two male lions sleeping in the distance. All of the other safari vehicles would pause briefly and then continue on. Nicholas recommended that we wait and see what they do. In the end we ended up witnessing a very large pack of lions chasing away a female from another pride! It was such an unforgettable experience as they all ran right by us! While we were excited to see all of the big 5, just like with the climb and achieving the summit, we walked away feeling like we had achieved so much more. Nicholas left us with an appreciation for observing animal behaviors as well as understanding the local culture.

Overall, I don't think we could have asked for any better experience on our trip. TripAdvisor was such a great resource for us that we wanted to make sure to pass along to future travelers our recommendation for Warrior Trails. While I'm sure there are many quality tour companies in Tanzania, I can only speak based on our experience with Warrior Trails, but I have no reservations recommending them to anyone going to Tanzania. You won't be disappointed!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A few weeks ago I finished a five day safari with Warrior Trails. I organised the safari at very short notice over email with William yet he accomodated all my requests and was so prompt in all his replies. My friend and I ended up with our perfect itinerary for a very competitive price, the only issue we had in the booking process was the lack of credit card facilities which would have been much more helpful given the size of the transactions we were trying to make at such short notice.
We were absolutely blown away by the quality of accommodation and food over the safari. By far the highlight of the trip though was our Warrior Trails guide Emmanuel! I feel like I spent 5 days laughing - the three of us had the best time driving around in the car, searching for wildlife and learning Swahili. Emmanuel helped us with EVERYTHING, he took the time to explain everything, to answer all our questions and point out interesting things about the landscape, culture and wildlife along the way. He even brought along his own awesome pair of binoculars to share with us (so much better than our own!). Also he is a great driver, some of our days were long and on tough roads but Emmanuel is incredibly good at his job and I always felt like I was in safe hands.
I honestly could not have asked for anything more for my first safari - If you are looking to go on safari don't bother looking any further than Warrior Trails.

Thanks for such an amazing experience William, Jackson and Emmanuel!