“Unique”

and up
Meserani Snake Park Guided Day Tour in Arusha
Ranked #8 of 62 things to do in Arusha
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Unique and friendly place. It's camping so don't expect too much. Clean and proper washrooms, good food and friendly staff! Lovely bar, Maasai museaum and snake park!

1  Thank Jessyka C
There are newer reviews for Meserani Snake Park

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here as part of our 1 month Safari. The camp site is fine enough - warm shower water, relatively clean toilet, not too many rocks on the ground - but there were a LOT of other campers. We got up early to check out the snakes, which were cool, but the park its self was a little sad. They had a yellow baboon which was a supposed rescue - beautiful creature- but seeing it a lone and locked up in the cage was a bit of a bummer. The Maasai museum is weird, and I don't know how I feel about it now having lived with the Maasai for an extended period of time, but the craft stalls are decent, and the prices aren't terrible. The bar seems to be the big thing in this place - white tourist central! Depending on what you're looking for (or avoiding) i'm sure you can find whatever you want. All in all, not bad, but I wouldn't spend longer than a night and a morning here.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I camped here about 5 years ago and it was fascinating. I attended a Masai cattle market, visited a Masai village and then peered over a concrete wall where my tent was pitched and to my horror, there were huge crocodiles! Needless to say, there were no horror stories and I found the place quirky and really interesting. The Snake pit bar was great fun and I would recommend an overnite stay. Be aware the area has one of the highest malarial counts in East Africa, so ensure you have your malarial remedies and DEET close at hand but again, none of my co campers caught anything. I also bought an amazing sheathed machete at the cattle market from a Masai.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of an overland trip. Having arrived late, it was quite hard to have a good luck at the snakes and other creatures they have in the park as there was no lighting, but we did manage to see a few.
The bar however had a lot of character and was extremely welcoming!
"Ma" made us some great shooters and gave us 2 for 1 souvenir t-shirts.
Bathroom facilities were basic, but were as good as anywhere else we stayed on our tour.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a very interesting tour of the snake farm. The guide was knowledgeable and spoke very good English.