“I had the best stay in Milimani Lodge ”
Review of THE MILIMANI LODGE

THE MILIMANI LODGE
Ranked #28 of 122 Restaurants in Arusha
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I was booked in Milimani Lodge for a business trip, the Manager welcomed me and made me feel like home.. I had a room with a balcony and a view of Mt. Meru can be seen in early in the morning. The steak was fabulous. I would definitely come for a visit it's a very quiet place. Staff are friendly especially the Manager Mr. Suhel who made my stay incredibly awesome.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were booked in this lodge by our TO before the start of our seven night safari. After a long journey we arrived at the lodge about 10pm. After booking in we were shown to our room on the ground floor. Two single beds, upright fan, tv and tea and coffee making facilities. We just wanted a shower and a drink, however, when my daughter went in the shower the water was cold so she boiled the kettle for a wash which then blew all the electrics in the room. We reported this and someone came along to sort out the problem, we mentioned the water being cold and was told it might be hot by 7 or 8 in the morning. We were leaving at 7.45! Anyway we had a drink in the bar and then went to our room to find we were locked out. The duty manager came and let us in and we fell into our beds.
We tried the shower again the morning but it was still cold so boiled up the kettle, using a different plug socket this time. Breakfast was adequate with fresh fruit, coffee, tea, eggs in any form you wanted, bread, jams, etc.
There was a nice garden area but we were off straight after breakfast so didn't have time to look around too much.

1  Thank lindyloo-2007
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The earlier reviewers on TripAdvisor were right on. Excellent steak at good price. An oasis in the jungle... Highly recommend

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hearing the buzz around town, we had to try it ourselves. Everyone talks about it as having the best steak in town, but really it is the best steaks in town - both their Milimani special and the beef fondue for two! We liked the food there so much that we also decided to move into the hotel and abandon the Impala Hotel, which was disaster after disaster.

Living there for almost two weeks was true exposure to ever-delicious food and terrific service. I was so impressed, I even asked the owner who trained his staff as I couldn't believe how professional they were. Two thumbs way up!

The rooms are also beautiful and plush. If you want a fridge, just ask for one. If you want hot water, sometimes you have to run the shower for a bit, which has quite intense water pressure so wastes water, but at least it is heated through solar panels!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Was there for dinner and had the best steak in town. portions are huge (but a bit pricey) but service is very good and pays a lot of attention to customers.