“Good for evening entertainment”
Review of Mango Tree Bar & Lounge - CLOSED

Mango Tree Bar & Lounge
Cuisines: African, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mango Tree Bar & Lounge is THE go-to venue in the Arushan night life, fusing the appeal of a beer garden, sports bar and lounge with nightclub. Meet friends, dine, drink and dance the night away! Mango Tree Bar & Lounge has a delicious pub style menu with a mix of grilled and African cuisine and is catered by The Grill House Mango Tree Bar & Lounge is NON-SMOKING indoors. Thank you for respecting our policy.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I visited this place a couple of times during my volunteering in Arusha and I am not sure if I liked it that much. The bar food was surprisingly tasty but wine was horrible. I understand that this is one of favourite party places for young locals and volunteers. So, you can usually find someone to hangout with. Location is very convenient sort of central. They are trying to entertain their customers with different events and thats pretty cool. A good choice for spending your evening out.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Great WiFi hangout, good fast food, and great coffee. Just down from the clocktower roundabout. A great noontime break. Value good. This is your Starbucks away from home.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Mango is always fun especially on trivia nights. I wish their menu of bar snacks would go to the next level. Friday nights and weekends are a riot and can be great fun. Outdoor area is large but has sparse seating. All round good place to gop with friends.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was in Arusha for three months during 2013, and Mango Tree was always where the night began. No matter where we ended up, we started in Mango Tree.

The staff were super friendly, and always made a big deal out of things like customers birthdays and special events- after three months it was kind of hard to leave. There was dancing on the bar when the music was too good not to, jovial arguments were had when sports events were shown on the big screen, random answers were shouted up during the regular quiz nights, profanities were shouted when I was loosing at table football or beer pong, drinks were spilled, sheesha's were smoked; shot's were drank (I even have one named after me...probably a bad sign!), and a whole load of barbeque chicken was eaten (the chinese style is really good).

But it wasn't even just the cracking night life, you could pop over during the day and have a gander at the local lunch menu- now I wasn't a big fan of local food in general, but I lost count of how many times I ate lunch at Mango- it was delicious. Granted, it is Africa so the service was probably a little slower than this westernized girl is used too, (well A lot slower) but you could just chill outside in the sunshine while you waited.

The atmosphere ranges from relaxed to 'party party' and everywhere in between, and Mango even hosts a number of charity events, that bring together not only the wazungu (white people/ tourists) but also the locals aswell.

Oh and if you're nice to the bar staff they might even help you with your kiswahili!

Great place, and I don't think I once had a bad time there (and I was there a lot.)

1  Thank irish_student94
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We first visited this lovely place to chill and relax earlier in june..we had good service and a must have is their onion rings as well as spicy chip made upon request..as well as their mushkaki...excellent food i must add!!great music and the owner was so helpful and kind!! a must go for any traveller or local in arusha!!