“Coffee and cakes”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place definitely has a best wi fi spot in town. You can sit there for ages. Very good place for business meetings and frequently visited with expats and volunteers. It is a western style restaurant and cafe, nice and comfortable. Food is usually very good (salads, burgers, sandwiches, pancakes) but not cheap. Nicely done coffee and fresh juices.There is also outside sitting area. Good for smokers. Their bakery is very good, too. Shame that cakes are not always fresh. Manager is friendly and caring and everything runs smoothly if he is around. If he is not, well, depends. For some reason it takes ages to get a bill. Anyway, I liked it more than Africafe.

2  Thank Milica D
Fiane S, Owner at Fifi's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are opening a premium bakery on March 22nd, so freshness is assured in all pastries. Glad you liked us :)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We went here a few times during our stay in Arusha before and after our safari. The food is pretty good (we mainly tried out the bread dishes, we especially liked the bacon sandwiches), although it is on the more expensive side for Arusha. But we kept going back because it's a relaxing place that offers free WIFI. And it does not go by unnoticed, there are a lot of foreigners in that restaurant. We sometimes stayed here for hours, just ordering drinks and do all our necessities on the internet.

2  Thank Bibsel
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Nice place to come to for coffee, milkshakes and bagels.
Recommend ordering one of the home cooked beef burgers. Wifi is also free.
Worth a visit!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went here for a Coffee this October (2013) the service was poor, none of the staff were bothered to take our order and even we had to wait for the supervisor to when we wanted to leave as none of the other staff could get our bill. The Cake we had was at least 3 days old, the coffee was drinkable but I wont be going here again!

2  Thank ButterflyTZ
Reviewed 24 October 2013

One thing I missed during my last stay in Arusha, which was four months long, was a traditional American breakfast and good coffee. Fifi's has that, and more. I ate there several times over the summer of 2013 and always indulged in their French Toast and scrambled eggs. Their burgers are good also, for when you're craving an American-style burger. And you must try their passion fruit and mango juices - mouth-watering delicious!
The restaurant is large and spacious, in a very convenient location. There is an area out front where you can dine outside, which is nice. The manager was frequently there, and the staff was friendly. The manager spoke to me at every visit and always asked if everything was okay or if I needed anything.
Service can be slow at times, and I did discuss this with the manager and he is aware and making strides to correct that. But if you spend any amount of time in Tanzania, you will come to learn that everything takes longer than most tourists are used to. I found that eating in any restaurant in Tanzania is a long and relaxing affair, and have come to know that is just part of the culture. So relax and enjoy the scene and the food.
Free wifi is excellent and a real plus in a land where internet access is unreliable. I even had a few Swahili lessons there when my teacher's usual location for class did not work out. They are very accommodating for lengthy visits and just hanging out. The food is a bit pricey in comparison to local restaurants and menus, but to be expected considering what you get for the money.
I highly recommend FiFi's. There is now one in Moshi also.