“Great food and nice service”
Review of Shanghai

Shanghai
Ranked #79 of 120 Restaurants in Arusha
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The food was great, and service was fast and decent.
We walked into this little restaurant on the first day that we got to Arusha. What a pleasant surprise! We ordered sizzling lamb, mixed veggies and braised fish in brown sauce. Everything was good and loved the lamb. Yummy!
We had a great conversation with the owner and his son, both are Chinese. The son even helped us get a cab after the meal. Nice fellow.
I would definitely go back and try some more dishes there, if we ever go back to Arusha.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Located next to Meru post office it was hidden a bit inside. The food was very tasty and less oily.
the chilly prawns and grilled lobster were fresh and charming and decorative. The staff wer polite and informative when we asked them for directions.

1  Thank Kevin Y
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The service was good. Sat down and had a good, long conversation with the owner's son. My sweet and sour chicken with rice cost about 11,000 shillings (about $7), pricier than everything else in Arusha. The food didn't taste all that good. In my month in Africa I never got sick eating African cuisine, but I ate here once and had a pretty painful bout of food poisoning that knocked me out for a couple days. I suspect it may have been the onions served alongside my meal, so it's probably a bad job by me that I ate something that wasn't cooked. If you must have Chinese food this is your only choice. I wish I could recommend it, but I just can't

Reviewed 24 June 2013

attendants are good and friendly, no so congested, and prices are a bit average. Have good African coffee, the fish is good though its not better than the Ugandan Fish. Internet cafe available which is key for me.