Four Points by Sheraton Arusha, The Arusha Hotel
US$199
US$63
US$141
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjohn waynehistoric hotelmiddle of townclock towergreat roomcomfortable hotelwonderful hotelfirst nightswimming poolgrounds are lovelymosquito nettingcouple of nightsan oasisindian foodsafari triphatariafrica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This beautiful hotel has been in business for over 100 years and seems to only be getting better. The staff were superb. The restaurant and bar are very clean and relaxing with a view of the well manicured grounds. There is even a garden where they grow fresh herbs and vegetables for their restaurant. The groundskeeper will be happy to walk you about and inform you on everything that grows on their property. I almost gave this review 4 stars, as the room that I stayed in on one of my stays here needed minor repairs. This room was in the building adjacent to the main building. The room that I stayed in on my subsequent visit was in the main building and was excellent. In the USA this can cost you a star. In Africa, if this is the worst that you can say, you are extremely lucky. Most hotel rooms in Africa have furnishings that are sub-par by American standards. Not so here. Excellent quality and detail from the marble tiled bath to the bedside iPod dock. A fun note is the bar here is where John Wayne spent many evenings relaxing and drinking during the filming of Hatari. There are photos on the wall. Note: I selected April 2012 as my travel date as that is as far back as the site would let me enter. I actually stayed twice, once in January 2012 and once in February 2012. I have only just joined Tripadvisor and I decided to review this earlier visit.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This was easily the best value place we stayed on a three week trip to Tanzania. We had a suite room which had a large living area that faced the noisier road side and a bedroom facing the quieter garden side. A four poster bed with mosquito net was nice and comfy. All very clean.
Wifi in the room worked most of the time. The buffet breakfast was pretty good. The gardens were lush and the large pool and lounger area were much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hoolit
ArushaArusha, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Arusha, The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Hoolit

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased that you found The Arusha Hotel to be of good value – we certainly pride ourselves as offering value for money and being able to deliver superior services in our small property steeped in the history of East Africa, situated as you mentioned in lush gardens that many of our guests regard as an 'oasis of calm' in the bustling city that Arusha has become.

I hope that you have opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

John Cowan
gm@thearushahotel.com

Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed at The Arusha after our climb to Kilimanjaro. We were two weary travelers after finishing out our climb who desperately needed hot showers, a good dinner and a soft bed. The Arusha Hotel delivered on all fronts. The check in staff were helpful in getting us settled. We needed a quick turn around on laundry as we were heading out on safari the next day. The hotel was able to accommodate our request and we had clean laundry back in a few hours. My only wish is we had an additional day or two to really relax and enjoy the facilities.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Equinox03
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Arusha, The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Equinox,
Firstly congratulations on your Kilimanjaro climb. I confess I haven't yet done it yet, but hopefully soon! I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to look after you on your brief visit as you passed through Arusha. Our staff take great pride in assisting in whatever way they can and am pleased to hear that you were well looked after.
Come and visit again soon - there's so much to see in Tanzania. Karibu !

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Very nice hotel in the centre of Arusha. Nice and spacious rooms, great breakfast. Friendly and helpfull staff, willing to go the extra mile for you. Great location and excellent startpoint for a safari into the Serengeti.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AniqueJ

Dear Anique,
Welcome home. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that your safari was equally wonderful. The staff here work hard to make sure that all our guests are as well looked after as possible and they are always delighted when I pass on comments from customers such as yourself. Thank you.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2013

The hotel is Centrally located near the Clock Tower.and the main Business and city area.
Its a cosy nice place,
Charming chekcin on arrival.People and the staff are friendly.
The Dinner ala carte is also some nice choice of food.Breakfast well presented.Met an old friend at the hotel..The rooms are spaciuos and nice hot and big shower head ,Yuo just enjoy it.Flat TV ,Fruit basket and all your basic needs.They just need to fix a shaver socket in the bathroom.Nice A/C during warm times like now.But all in all i just love it and just enjoy the nice cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Chosse for a nice Upstairs room .Window Door facng the Mt.Meru side.Or the Delux Rooms they are nice and cosy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SumaKiwengwa

Dear SumaKiwenga,
Thank you for your comments. The location is indeed as central as you can find in Arusha, with the clocktower being the famous 'half-way' point between Cairo and Cape town. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of the staff here have worked at The Arusha Hotel for several years and take great pride in their work. I'll be sure to pass on your comments at the morning meetings,
With regards to the faulty shaver socket, if it's not too much trouble, please let us know which room you were staying in, so I can have somebody rectify the fault.
info@thearushahotel.com