“Excellent... "The best Burger ever..!!"”
Review of The Arusha Hotel

The Arusha Hotel
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Arusha
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay there almost every other month on Business and at times on leisure trips - a wonderful hotel, hot water in the shower and cold water in the swimming pool..!! Just the way it should be...!!

The best person to call for the best rooms - Owen..!! Dankie for your assistance as always... Every staff is excellent and the food quality is well maintained... Best Burgers..!!

One small issue only - some of the shower doors need their rubbers changed :)

Overall - Good value for money...

Room Tip: The New Wing near the pool area has the best rooms... Go for 701. 708.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Mohammed,
Thank you very much for leaving a comment on our Trip Advisor page.
We are all glad you enjoyed your stay and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back sometimes soon.
In the meantime, we wish you all the best !
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great grand hotel. Right across the street from the mid-point between Cairo and Cape Town. Rooms are wonderful. Food is wonderful. You cannot go wrong at this location. The staff is most pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Dear Ron B,
Sorry for the delay in replying to your lovely review - I don't know how I could have missed this !
It is a real pleasure to read your comments about The Arusha Hotel.
I really hope we will have the opportunity to host you again sometimes soon!
Enjoy your travels!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited for a planning trip for an upcoming medical mission. Very nice rooms. Quality bedding. Comfortable. Meals were pleasant. The staff worked hard to make us happy. As we've begun planning our visit and medical mission the team at the hotel has been excellent to work with. We are looking forward to our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear KShawnT,
Thank you so much for your comment !
We are very much looking forward to have you again staying with us. Enjoy your weekend !
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The infrastructure of this hotel is sadly lacking, and the food is mediocre. A quick stay en route to somewhere else might be fine, but I would not recommend a longer visit.

For example:
- The wireless is erratic. The hotel uses multiple 'hot spots' but these flicker on and off, regularly interrupting internet access.
- The lamp in the room was not working when I arrived. The staff replaced the bulb, which worked, but it broke again after two days.
- The towels were not clean
- The toilet was "running" for most of my stay
- There was no hot water on one of the mornings I was here
- The A/C was extremely noisy, almost to the point of being unusable at night
- The room safe broke twice (blinking lights saying "service") leaving me unable to access its contents. It was fixed both times.
- There was no mini fridge in the room
- A room service tray sat in the hall for 48 hours until I mentioned it to the staff at the front desk

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marion1357
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Marion,
Thank you for your comment.
We are sorry to read your reported experience. We have experienced few issues with our Internet for few days and apologize about it ! The Arusha Hotel is know for having the best Internet in town ...
Concerning the other issues, we regard the service levels our staff delivers as the most important ...
We are sorry that your experience fell well short of your, and indeed, our expectation of the standards that we should be delivering to our valued guests and appreciate the time you have taken to give us this feedback so that we can rectify the shortcomings.
Best,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is about an hour drive from JRO airport but a good place to grab a night's sleep before heading out the next day. The bed is very comfortable. The rooms are small but if you are not spending a lot of time here, it is a good place to sleep. The bathrooms are poorly lit. I agree with another poster about the high tub and getting in and out for a shower. The wifi is sketchy - but if you are on vacation, it's not a big deal. The food was average, but filling. The elevator is very slow. I was fortunate to have a room one flight up, so I took the stairs. The staff are accommodating as as helpful as they can be. OK for a one-night stopover.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I would like to thank Owen at The Arusha Hotel. There were a mixup with my booking. Owen sorted it out immediatly and got me a great room. The staff are very professional and friendly. definately would recommend a stay at this hotel.
Greetings,
Danie

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Danie for leaving a comment on our TA page !
We look forward to having you staying with us again sometimes soon.
Have a lovely weekend.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Amazing hotel building and grounds, but serious issues with service and food.

Having spent 2 nights in Dar, then travelled up to Arusha on a business trip, I had really high expectations from this hotel. It is soaked in history and this is a real bonus!

However, I have to point out that the staff at the hotel (and there are SO many of them!) were rather laid back and unprofessional. I was openly asked for a gift (tip) from a member of staff - this made me feel extremely uncomfortable and I don't recall ever being asked so directly for a tip.

Breakfast was a bit of a letdown. The poor choice, coupled with small flies all over the fresh fruit, pastry, meat and cheese made me stick to coffee and toast.

The excellent coffee shop in the lobby should be tried - it really is good.

TV in my room was unwatchable due to flickering and static, and the push button to activate the shower was unreliable.

Would I recommend it? Probably not, but it is the best hotel in Arusha.........

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building as the annexes can feel a little remote, especially if you a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ArushaArusha, Director of Sales at The Arusha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Stu752014,
Thank you for having left a comment on our TA Page.
We are glad you loved the hotel and Freshly ground.
However, we are terribly sorry about the inconveniences you experienced.
It would be nice if you can send me an email with more details about what happened with one of our employees who asked you for a gift ! We do our best to exceed every single guest's expectations and it will be helpful to have more information... (marketing@thearushahotel.com)
Looking forward to hosting you again sometimes soon.
Best,