“Good value for money”

Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Arusha
Rothenburg, Germany
“Good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

We choose this hotel after our safari trip to Serengeti and Ngorogoro Crater and we enjoyed the hotel in every way.
The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds have mosquito nets and are very comfortable. The staff where very friendly from the check in, service personnel to housekeeping also evening turndown service was provided for our room. At lunch we eat tasty pizzas at the restaurant by the hotel entrance and Dinner we choose from the A la Carte menu at the dining room. The table setup was nicely done and the service personnel paid attention to detail. The only think to mention is that this hotel does not serve alcohol but only soft drinks and juices. Anyway I can’t complain. For the value, service and clean rooms it was more than we could ask for and if you like to have a drink, there are bars around the hotel area to enjoy your evening. At breakfast our waiter helped us with the plate and food we picked from the buffet station and ask for our wellbeing throughout our meal. I like to mention that we liked the instrumental Christmas music at breakfast especially during this time of the year where our minds been thinking of our family and friends far away.
Thank you for making this trip such a memorable one. Thanks to ALL the members of staff for the excellent team work.
Mario & Mela

Room Tip: Stayed at room 208
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mario Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Arusha, which is the best thing that can be said about it. The inclusive breakfast was a disappointment with the free fruit juices having been watered down to the point of tasting like coloured water - in a region so abundant in cheap, sun-ripened fruits what an amazingly mean piece of profiteering! Similarly, I needed to print out a document from my webmail and while I understood that there was a charge for the printing, I felt is was excessive to charge me several dollars for a minute's worth of time. Worst of all though was the constant, piped Christian religious music at breakfast - there is no mention in the hotel's literature that one will be exposed to proselytising at 7.30am. I found being forced to listen to Jesus songs most annoying, as did the muslim and hindu guests who nodded in agreement when I pointed this out to the reception staff. This is a hotel that needs make a lot of improvements but most importantly needs to decide if it is a church mission or a hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom h

Travellers are raving about these Arusha hotels

brooklyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Let me start of by saying i didn't even make it to the hotel due to their lack of customer service. I made reservations online over a month ago. I recently emailed the hotel twice to inquire about my reservation. i received absolutely no response. I called twice only to speak to workers who sounded like they were sleeping. After both times call they promised to respond to my email which never occurred.

That initial experience didn't allow me to continue with my reservations.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank worldtraveler193
Hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night before heading to the safari. Its a clean, friendly and comfortable hotel. Don't expect any wonders here but its reasonably priced and perfect for transit purposes. It has free wi-fi which is an added advantage for many people. The Precision Air shuttle stops right outside the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Saafari
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Was in Arusha on a business trip. Hotel is very centrally located, next to the Precison Air office, and for those coming in by flight into Mt. Kilimanjaro Airport, there is a shuttle operated by Precision Air that brings you to the hotel in Arusha for T Sh. 10,000/- (which would cost T Sh 60,000/- minimum by taxi). Rooms are big, and clean, I had a big bed with mosquito nets.. Breakfast is tasty, but choice is a bit limited. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer free Wi-Fi, however, the signal strength is poor in the room, and kept dropping the connection; however, they have a nice business centre in the lobby with enough computers, so it is OK. The manager there was very helpful when I could not get my laptop to connect due to some setup conflict, and managed to resolve my problem quickly. Due to the power problems in Tanzania, the lifts do not work sometimes, so had to climb up and down the steps many times. Also, the hotel is located in the Central Business area, which closes down after dark, the malls and nightlife is a bit far, and best reached by taxi (about T Sh.7000/- to 10,000/-).

Room Tip: There is only one smoking room per floor, so if you require a smoking room, make sure you book in ad...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bat31
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I chose this hotel as I was returning to Arusha for one very important factor - Precision Airlines runs a shuttle service to the airport which is located 3 doors' down from the hotel. However, I was surprised by the hotel itself: large rooms, full bathroom, windows with mosquito nets, decent breakfast with real butter and white/brown bread, charming staff and the manager Hans Makundi, was help personified. I will not discuss the electricity situation as it is a Tanzanian problem that is beyond anyone's individual management. And yes, whilst it is true that the internet was down when I wanted to use it, I managed to survive hours without logging on!! I was on the 3rd floor but my suitcase was carried up for me as the electricity was out when I arrived and from then onwards, even when there was electricity I used the stairs - good exercise! Another great value for money choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank BaghdadSuzanne
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

The rooms were nice, big and clean, but they put us on the 3rd floor and we had to hump it up 3 flights of stairs to get to the room. They had free internet, which was great, but the signal wasn't strong enough to surf on the bed. We had to sit by the door in a chair instead. We were using IPhones so maybe it isn't a problem with other devices.. The breakfast was OK, but they served instant coffee. Tanzania has some of the tastiest coffee I have ever had so I thought that sucked.. They could have dripped some of those lovely beans. The location is great, near the craft markets. The only downside is the SUPER, UBER-aggressive hawkers that harass you when you walk out of the hotel hoping you will buy a trinket. If you talk to them, you have to say "not interested" 25 times and they will still not leave you alone. It works best to just completely ignore them. Yes, that sounds rude, but it is necessary. After safari for 7 days I loved the clean, comfortable room so that makes up for a lot.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple