The Greenhouse
US$52
US$49
US$49
US$48
All reviewsgreen living planetgreen housethree meals a daynon profit organizationlife experiencemasai villagefelt like homefantastic hostsdala dalaplace to stayhot showerchapatidalla dallatown centreother guestshakuna matatabreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was volunteering in Arusha back in 2012 where I met Maricel. Although I was volunteering somewhere different to Maricel, for one of my days I was able to volunteer with her for a day with The Green Living Planet, run by Ben. Having met both Maricel and Ben, although I have not yet gone back to Arusha and stayed at the hostel, I have full confidence that they would have made The Greenhouse feel like a second home for travellers. I would definitely would recommend volunteering with them for an amazing and rewarding experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We arrive in Arusha 6 months ago, and somehow we land at Greenhouse. Benson, Maricel, Adrina and Mama recieved us with open arms, giving not only good advices but helping us out to settle!
Nice place, good budget. Worhty at the end :)

Asante sana kaka
Tere na Ravi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Greenhouse is fantastic. It's run by a wonderful couple, Benson, a native Tanzanian, and Maricel, a Londoner who has relocated. I stayed at the Greenhouse for a couple months in 2013 while volunteering with Benson's nonprofit, Green Living Planet.

Benson and Maricel are awesome company. Maricel keeps the house very clean and there is always amazing African food cooking. The beds are comfy and come equipped with mosquito nets *few*! The house is pretty close to downtown Arusha and also near Terrat where Green Living Planet does a lot of there work.

It was an amazing experience and I plan on going back sometime soon!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After 8 months traveling, Arusha was my first place in Africa, and like every foreigner that arrives in Africa i was concerned how it would be. But at The Greenhouse i found a place that`s make me feel home! The owner Benson is a great person, as all the other people who work here. Meals are included and the food is great. The hostel is pretty clean. Staff will help you to have a good time in Arusha. They also have a great social work at the community that people can volunteer! Definitely recommend the hostel!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I met them while I volunteered in Africa in 2012.
Maricel and I volunteered with the wonderful organization of Ben - The green living plant
Volunteer in this project has added value because you feel you give a tremendous contribution to Africa, contributing to remain even after you leave.
The project is an environmental project that combines work with the local population and gives volunteers an opportunity to recognize the humility and the Arusha from a new perspective.
Maricel and Ben are a lovely couple who loves Africa, living and breathing the culture and working hard to protect the environment and quality of life of community and tradition.
I'm sure they provide the warmth and love as well as a host at the hostel.
I highly recommend volunteering with them as much as possible during your stay in the city.
Have a wonderful trip!