“Karibu...”

Ranked #14 of 166 Speciality Lodging in Arusha
Hever, United Kingdom
“Karibu...”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nearly three years ago Maricel and myself manage to conquer Mt Kilimanjaro...
We loved Africa so much, that we decided to go back there next year and Volunteer ..
And this how we met Ben and his fantastic project "Green Living Planet" .
It was The Best Time of my Life..I have learned so much from the amazing local people, it made me understand what is really important in my Life, and how little you need to be trully Happy.
The Grean Living Planet played big part in my learning experience..and I feel like I have still got big debts to pay ..
My incredible Friend Maricel is now Living in Africa..and carry on with Ben the great work
.. And !!! what a fantastic idea..."The Greenhouse" ...so no need to look for any other place to stay...
Well done Maricel & Ben ! What an achievement. I can't wait to go back to Arusha because I know that will be my second Home.. Asante Sana!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 24 May 2014

REally nice place to stay for a couple of day's (or longer). We just stayed here before and after safary. The hostel was quiet difficult to find. But we enjoyed it very much; Food was really good. It's a very homy place. If i ever go back to tanzania. Benson also arranged our bustickets back as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hoeilaart, Belgium
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I've been in a lot of them! It's realy cosy and the food you get is realy good! Benson and his staff/family are realy nice and fun to be around. He helped us looking for a safari, took us to see waterfalls and hotwaterspring for a very reasonable price! We were with 4 Belgian girls and had a lot of fun in this hostel thanks to Benson and his staff! If I ever come back to Arusha, no doubt in my mind that I will book the Greenhouse again!

P.s. Benson, I found some of your good music on the internet! :D

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in The Greenhouse. I stayed in The Greenhouse for 3 months in 2013 while I volunteering in Green Living Planet. It is an excellent choice in terms of value. The essential features as it is clean, safe, great atmosphere, great food and accessible by public transportation. The rooms are in excellent condition and very clean. It has hot shower and have a fast wifi connection. But most importantly for this hostel, which makes highly recommended is the hospitality of the staff (Mama, Benson, Maricel, Adrina and Annah), very helpful, you feel at home and they are great people. Also, when you stay at The Greenhouse, you contribute to environmental projects in Green Living Planet, which is a non-profit organization that promotes education and conservation of the environment of great help to Africa.
Definitely you will not regret in staying in The Greenhouse because you contribute to projects and you can live together humility and friendliness of the local people. Sure you enjoy your stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was volunteering in Arusha back in 2012 where I met Maricel. Although I was volunteering somewhere different to Maricel, for one of my days I was able to volunteer with her for a day with The Green Living Planet, run by Ben. Having met both Maricel and Ben, although I have not yet gone back to Arusha and stayed at the hostel, I have full confidence that they would have made The Greenhouse feel like a second home for travellers. I would definitely would recommend volunteering with them for an amazing and rewarding experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We arrive in Arusha 6 months ago, and somehow we land at Greenhouse. Benson, Maricel, Adrina and Mama recieved us with open arms, giving not only good advices but helping us out to settle!
Nice place, good budget. Worhty at the end :)

Asante sana kaka
Tere na Ravi

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Greenhouse is fantastic. It's run by a wonderful couple, Benson, a native Tanzanian, and Maricel, a Londoner who has relocated. I stayed at the Greenhouse for a couple months in 2013 while volunteering with Benson's nonprofit, Green Living Planet.

Benson and Maricel are awesome company. Maricel keeps the house very clean and there is always amazing African food cooking. The beds are comfy and come equipped with mosquito nets *few*! The house is pretty close to downtown Arusha and also near Terrat where Green Living Planet does a lot of there work.

It was an amazing experience and I plan on going back sometime soon!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo