Onsea House is a lovely place to decompress after our long flight via Doha from Singapore. It was very relaxing to be amid the beautiful grounds and grand views to the valley,
Accommodation: We were given a Guest Cottage comprising 2 spacious rooms with ensuites and a cozy shared living area with french doors to a patio overlooking the garden and valley. Each of the two rooms were well-appointed with big comfy beds and a small alcove / room on the side housing a kitchenette/bar and daybed. Only 2 gripes - wished there was stronger water pressure and brighter overhead lighting that would be useful for un/packing.
Dining: We had all our meals on the Machweo restaurant balcony overlooking the valley. We were a little disappointed that the lunch was mediocre with the usual pasta/sandwich/burger type selection. Dinner however was awesome. It was Valentine's Day and resident chef Axel and his team had created a special menu that was really quite yummy - I have enclosed pictures of the menu and food. It was very good ambiance with candles and rose petals everywhere, the glow of fire braziers to keep away the night chill, the wonderfully talented 2 piece band, and happy diners (both inhouse guests and external). Breakfast is good, fresh and hearty with everything you could ask for before setting off on your safari safari of a lifetime. I must also add that Onsea House's lunch box was one of the better ones we had.
Service: Everyone was smiley and eager to please. Sometimes service is a little slow but we were on holiday and not in a terrible hurry.
Spa: A couple of us decided to further unwind with a massage at the inhouse spa. One came back reasonably satisfied, the other not quite. Not for those who prefer firmer treatments.
Extra: We visited iThemba Baraa Primary School located an easy 10 mins away to donate school supplies and toys we had lugged over from Singapore. The kids were all curious, enthusiastic, and very cute and they had all made a sort of bouquet in class to give to each other for Valentine's Day. Onsea House and a Belgian Foundation iThemba support Baraa. Do have a visit - it is totally worth your while. A Belgian couple volunteering for a year showed us around the school, explaining the progress that the school has made, various sociocultural aspects of African life, and introducing us to the kids. All good - no pressure at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage is voted the best luxury bed and breakfast in Arusha and recommended by several experts as only boutique hotel and hip hideaway in the Arusha/Kilimanjaro region. Enjoy greater comfort and better food than any other guesthouse or restaurant, with more personalized service than in a hotel and more privacy than a lodge resort. Onsea House can be your home base for safaris across northern Tanzania. Machweo Wellness Retreat & Fine Dining offers the guests since September 2011 in total 9 extra spacious rooms, a second swimming pool with sauna and steam bath and a beautiful patio terrace to enjoy a tasty lunch or a candlelight dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage Hotel Arusha
- Onsea House Country Inn And Guest Cottage
- Country Inn Arusha
- Arusha Country Inn