Stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of my safari. It's a really cute place situated on a hillside outside of a Arusha. The grounds are well-maintained, rooms are clean and very charmingly furnished. They've done a good job of making sure that every room feels private and has a small porch with a couple of chairs for sitting outside and enjoying the view. There is also a larger veranda with a tiny "library", loungers, etc.. There is also a pool, although I did not use it.
Beds were comfortable; bath facilities clean and good; hair dryer and small mini-bar in the room. Free wifi everywhere on the property (reasonably fast). Good cell reception with 3g.
There's a small restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would say the food was pretty decent but not outstanding. The staff are very friendly; breakfast was really good, probably the best meal I had there. Dinner was well-prepared --you can tell they spent a lot of time and care on it-- but the flavoring was sometimes hit-and-miss. My first dinner was really good; the second was a little lackluster. They are very good about serving dinner to late arrivals; if you arrive up to 10 pm you can get a full dinner. If you arrive later you can arrange beforehand to have sandwiches prepared and left in the room.
You can do laundry the same day (about $1-$2 per piece, depending on the garment). Machine wash; back within a few hours.
Things to be aware of:
- Because it's on a hill there are stairs everywhere, so people with mobility issues may have a hard time.
- The "reception" rarely has someone there so it can be hard to find a staff member; once you get hold of them they are always helpful, but it can take a while.
- It's a little under and hour's drive from Kilimanjaro airport; from the time you land at the international airport to the time you arrive at Onsea is probably 1 hour 40 minutes (including immigration and travel time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage is voted the best luxury bed and breakfast in Arusha and recommended by several experts as only boutique hotel and hip hideaway in the Arusha/Kilimanjaro region. Enjoy greater comfort and better food than any other guesthouse or restaurant, with more personalized service than in a hotel and more privacy than a lodge resort. Onsea House can be your home base for safaris across northern Tanzania. Machweo Wellness Retreat & Fine Dining offers the guests since September 2011 in total 9 extra spacious rooms, a second swimming pool with sauna and steam bath and a beautiful patio terrace to enjoy a tasty lunch or a candlelight dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Onsea House Country Inn & Guest Cottage Hotel Arusha
- Onsea House Country Inn And Guest Cottage
- Country Inn Arusha
- Arusha Country Inn