We traveled as 2 couples & spent one day here on our way to a 8 day safari. The lodge is built on a hill sides with each bungalow on stilts with a views of out skirts of town and in real quaint & great natural surroundings with trees flora & fauna etc. It has a real rustic ambiance and those who like to be with nature will really love it here. The bar and the dining area is in the center with bungalows built around it and has good settings to hang out there. We had all our three meals and drinks here.
The other Pros/ Cons are
1. the food & drinks /cocktails were nice & enjoyable and bar area good place to hang out, read & work on computer etc or to simple enjoy drinks.
2. Rooms were clean & spacious, Beds were comfortable & placed in the middle of the room to capture the breeze and we did not miss air conditioning even though Jan temperature in Arusha can be high as being summer.
3. We did not find any issues with hot water even though some guests have written about this in earlier posts.
4. the lodge is a bit out of the city and can be long walk if you are without transport and have to go the city. the road to the lodge has no lights and is bit dusty so if you have work in the city or want to go for a meal etc make sure you have transport arranged.
5. No free WiFi & only 2 half liter water bottles in room. The lodge can do better there.
6. They could do with a tea/coffee maker in the room even though the lodge did provide us wake up bed tea service at 6 AM in the rooms.
7. For those heading for safari towards northern circuit please keep an extra half hour as this lodge is on the other side of the town and it can take up to a half hour to get thru town given the jams in the morning with all safari vehicles leaving town at almost the same time.
Note : not for those who prefer a regular hotel like room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Eco-friendly, artistic, chic, relaxing….”Nestling in Suye Hill National Park, just 10 minutes from the center of Arusha, Karama Lodge & Spa is the ideal home base for Tanzania safaris or for a restful night’s sleep before climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. Accommodation is consisted of 22 stilted cabins made of local materials in total harmony with the surrounding forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Karama Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karama Hotel Arusha