“Nice property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arusha
Ilboru Safari Lodge
Ranked #4 of 198 Speciality Lodging in Arusha
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great property, nice pool and good service. Did an overnighter before heading on the safari. Dinner was great with a wholesome variety. Rooms are basic but nice. Bathrooms are a slight disappointment. All and all a decent stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Spent 2 nights here, at the beginning and end of trek up Kilimanjaro.Welcoming staff and owner make you feel relaxed after tiring journeys or hikes. Clean,nicely maintained and a great place to relax in. Food was good and beer was cold. Thanks for the short time I had there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

. . . in a heartbeat. We stayed 2 nights prior to safari. It was a great choice for us. The grounds are beautiful, the room (24 near pool) was super nice (spotless clean, visually appealing, good sized).
The staff was friendly & very helpful. Oh, like when I couldn’t figure out how to get hot water, & when I couldn’t get the patio door unlocked. Help was immediate and they didn’t look at me like I was an idiot. And, truly, both issues were only because I was so tired/brain dead after the flight, not because there was anything wrong with either thing.
Food was very good, menu & buffet, with no wait time at all. Frequented both bars with excellent results,
Annalise, the new owner, was delightful & talking with her was interesting. Her personal story is fascinating.
Only regret is not to have strolled the surrounding authentic neighborhood, but busy days and tired brains prevented us. I saw nothing about it that looked/felt unsafe. Just real people doing real things.

Book this Lodge, you will not regret!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mundaySacramento
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed in Arusha quite a few times now and the hotel I have always stayed at was looking very tired, so I decided to try Ilboru.

While I was there I met both Ad (former owner) and Annalise (new owner) during their handover. Both are really nice people, very welcoming, helpful and like to stop for a chat to guests. The staff are friendly and always smiling.

The gardens and grounds here are beautiful and it’s very easy to find somewhere quiet to sit outside. The pool looks wonderful but the weather wasn’t quite warm enough to tempt me to try it. The snack bar is a great area but better use could be made of it.

I saw a few of the rooms here as I was leading a group. All those which I saw were in the newer section and were quite similar - simple, clean and comfortable - and everyone thought the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom in my room was large and I had lots of towels and soap in there. I agree with some other reviewers that the bathroom floor did get quite slippery when it was wet.

The restaurant has an extensive menu and caters for all tastes. The serves are rather large (and tasty!) so be prepared for that. I found that if you arrived towards the end of breakfast options were understandably a little limited but otherwise there was a lot to choose from. We had a Tanzanian banquet one night and there was a huge amount of really tasty food. We had two vegetarians in the group and they were very happy with the menu options.

I couldn’t get the internet working during my stay but others in my group did. It wasn’t enough of a problem for me to do anything about it.

I stayed here for three nights. On one night I did hear the dogs other reviewers have mentioned but they didn’t keep me awake. Another night there was some noise from a nearby bar but, again, it didn’t stop me sleeping. I always take earplugs for when I stay in Arusha as it seems that many of the hotels are very close to villages so you will obviously do get some noise. It is much quieter here than where I used to stay while in Arusha.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kellie W
Annelies v, Owner at Ilboru Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Good morning to you and on behalf of the entire team of Ilboru Safari Lodge i would like to thank you for your wonderful review that we have received, much appreciated. it was a pleasure to have you and your group staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future! With most kind regards, Annelies and all Ilboru staff.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

i stayed at Ilboru Safari Lodge for 2 nights, one before and one after climbing up mount Kilimanjaro. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome by the staff and the owner. we were all given fruit juice and our bags were taken to the rooms.
The rooms are Roundaval huts set in beautiful grounds. They have clean and welcoming rooms. with very comfortable beds with mosquito nets attached. The shower was hot and the rooms just what was needed for a short break.
the hotel has a very nice pool although the water was pretty cold the day i tried it.
The food was exceptional. we had breakfast buffet two mornings and dinner two nights. The food was tasty and plentiful.
Overall the impression left by this hotel was very positive. the staff are very friendly, helpful and attentive and the Dutch owner is a lovely lady who makes sure her guests all feel very welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank steveloghope
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The approach to the lodge was through a sketchy (more ratchet than dangerous) area and the road was filled with potholes however once inside the lodge, it seemed very safe (despite the plethora of mosquitos swarming at us). The rooms are cottage style- two rooms for each hut. The gardens were very well maintained and the pool looked very nice. They had a choice of Indian, Chinese, Italian, etc. on their menu cards all with an African flare. The food was ok. The breakfast was very basic. The waits for dinner and lunch were very long (about 2 hrs waiting time for the main course). The lodge’s new owner Annalise from Netherlands was always around and attentive to the guests needs. We stayed at the older cottage and the newer ones at the back entrance on our initial night and our final night in Arusha. Both rooms were very clean, the beds had mosquito nets and the bed linens and towels were also clean.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms closer to the back entrance - the rooms are new.