We stayed in February 2014.
I would need to be very petty to pick a single fault with this hotel. The service, the setting, friendliness of staff, food, cleanliness etc were all fantastic. If you can afford a villa I'd recommend it. We couldn't but were upgraded to one and it was very private and had its own pool.
The things some people don't like actually made this more attractive to us. For example the hotel is a fair way from the town but this makes it quieter. Plus if you are a diver and use the highest Tripadvisor rated dive operator in the region 'Big Blue Diving', you'll be one of the last picked up because they leave from a port north of Khao Lak. That means more time to get ready. One guy at the hotel actually complained there was 'too much sand". We're talking white sand here.
Apart from the diving (which you must do if a diver and make it Richelieu Rock if you can) I'd recommend;
* the hotel's Thai massages on the beach which are divine,
* a beer or cocktail at the beach bar watching the sunset,
* a long walk up the beach where you might get a good photo of a local using a throwing net,
* shopping trips to Khao Lak by the hotel's courtesy bus, and
* a walk over to adjacent Memories Bar (not associated with the hotel).
If I'm ever going back to this part of Thailand I wouldn't think twice about staying at Apsaras again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior room Deluxe room Pool Access room Garden Villa room Pool Villa room Discover the natural beauty of Thailand at the tranquil and romantic Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa, Khaolak, located on a secluded beachfront in Khao Lak, Phang Nga province, just 95 kilometres from Phuket International Airport. Phang Nga offers a myriad of stunning natural attractions including Phang Nga Bay with hundreds of islets rising from calm emerald waters and the popular James Bond Island. Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa, Khaolak is a nature lovers' hideaway boasting white sands, azure blue Andaman Sea, tropical gardens and picturesque lagoon. Perfect for honeymoons and weddings, the serene resort offers a range of luxury accommodation from rooms and suites to private villas. With a rejuvenating spa, delicious dining venues and superior leisure facilities and services, guests will find all they need for a wonderfully relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsaras Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- Apsaras Beach Resort