“Eaten at much better places in the area”

Lamuan Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 319 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We went last night, the fishcakes were lovely but what followed let the place down. The whole red snapper looked very fresh we had it with garlic and lemon. It was okay in a place where most food is amazing! We also had chicken panang curry, it was overly Salty and a very small portion. It was in expensive but we would prefer to pay a little more and have better cooked food. I wouldn't go back as other places are far better there would be no need to.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We eat here twice and found it good value food, nothing outstanding with plenty of options and reasonable price.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed in Khao Lak for two weeks and so tried many restaurants in the area, and this one was recommended to us by a thai tailor so we gave it a go. In terms of quality of food vs value for money this was definitely one of the best. Yes the tablecloths are plastic, the decor a bit lack lustre and the service a bit hit and miss, but for a tasty, cheap, no-frills supper or lunch this place hit the spot on several occasions. We loved the coconut shakes, pad thai and papaya salad (non spicy as requested!),

Reviewed 3 November 2013

After trying out a couple of restaurants in Khao Lak, we finally found THE place! One of the guys at local dive shop recommended the place for the very good coconut shakes and we went there. It was AWESOME. So I took my family there tonight and I can only say, it was really really nice. Selection of food is huge and what is most important, they DO NOT HIDE kitchen. You can see straight in the kitchen when going to the bathroom and you will see all this fresh ingredients nicely sorted out and all this nice ladies preparing the dish just for you.

The price was as it should be and I just can't say enough about their shakes. Coconut is heaven!

Somebody complained about plastic tablecloth....man this is Thailand suburbia! Did you see everything else around you!? If you fancy an expensive chick restaurant there is some choice in Khao Lak and even though many people recommended some of this places we were heavily disappointed.

In Thailand this is the way I like my food! Will go there again tomorrow for sure!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

If you love mushrooms like myself you have to try the mushroom and shrimp dish, I ordered that along with a pad thai, and though the pad thai was good but I was wishing that I got a double order of the prawn and mushroom dish!

The service was excellent, and the servers were very attentive.

Can't wait to come back here again!