Stayed in April for 8 nights and chose this hotel because of the ratings on tripadvisor.
- peaceful location
- spacious room
- good food in hotel restaurant, breakfast buffet
- do their best to keep mosquitos away
- deliver top mattress if the bed is to hard for you
- room is outdated and to dark. No attention to detail in the bathroom ( mould on the blinds, open spaces under the sink what is not hygienic)
- the beach on the hotel grounds is unfinished. The concrete wall is unfinished and debris (small concrete rocks)of construction is still there!! I do not understand why the don't put any effort in making this small beach a nice place to stay
- level of English at the bar. Some people do not speak and understand enough English to be in contact with customers. It took us 3! days to explain my wife didn't want raw vegetables on her plate! In the restaurants outside the hotel it took them 1 minute to understand!!
- hygiene at the bar. They do not cover cut fruits they use for the cocktails, they do not even put it on a plate! They just put it in the fridge near the beer bottles???
In a lot of reviews I read fantastic comments about service and friendliness. I think this is not so great at all. I have been to 8 hotels ( 3, 4 and 5 stars)in the last two years in Thailand and this hotel doesn't match with the level of service in the others! Some examples:
- all staff in hotels, restaurants and other public services in Thailand smile a lot and are friendly!! Thailand is known for this!!! In the comments of this resort people are overwhelmed with smiles and service. The hotel is apparently a German Tiu hotel so this can be the explanation...
- Booked the free trip to the turtle sanctuary. An hour before departure the guy at the reception tells me the sanctuary is closed? Very weird because they go the whole season on the same day. He told me they planned to go on Monday instead. I have never seen a communication about the changes so he was telling a lie and probably thought I am stupid...? Low season could not be the argument because I have paid high season prices...
- after paying the final bill I needed to ask for someone to help with my luggage (stayed on the first floor). Clearly a wrong mentality...if they can't earn any money anymore, the service and the smiling stops immediately
- Bird droppings stayed on the sun beds on my terrace during the whole stay? If i mentioned it at the reception they maybe solved it, but do you really need to ask this in a hotel that is rated number 1 on Trip advisor?
For me this hotel , compared with the others I visited in Thailand, is a 3 star hotel that deserves at best a 3 star rating. + 100 euros is therefor highly overrated? I suggest to pay the same amount or some euros more for a real 5 star hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chongfah Resort is boutique beachfront hotel located on beautiful Bang Niang Beach in Khao Lak. A haven of peace and tranquility, this charming Khao Lak resort is surrounded by nature and features a total of only 30 deluxe rooms and quaint bungalows, including seaview bungalows just a few steps from the enticing crystal clear waters of the Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chongfah Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chongfah Beach Hotel Khao Lak