After reading mixed reviews on this place, I decided to still take a bet on it. Reason is, my previous stay at Centara Kata Resort was great! My wife and little girl loved it.
I booked a deluxe villa for 4 nights. First for the not so good stuff. The deluxe villa's air conditioning was not on when we arrived, therefore the room was stuffy :(. Not a good sign. When we turn on the air-conditioning, it was noisy, like a small generator and no cool air came out. I gave it some time as I thought it takes a while to get started, but I was wrong. After 30 minutes, it was still hot. Called the counter and requested to change the room.
They offered to upgrade our room to a sea view villa. After some haggling on the price, we agreed and I took the upgrade. The sea view villa comes with a little pool and jacuzzi :). The air-conditioning was working, but not the quietest. The jacuzzi "On" button was broken and had to be turn on at the mains :(.
There are a bit too many mosquitoes for my liking. I know, I know, there are mosquitoes everywhere, but I think its a tad too many of them blood suckers at this place.
My daughter went to the kids club, and was bored! I could see that the facilitators tried to play or bond with my girl and the other kids there, but it was just not happening. I'm guessing maybe they are not experience enough with kids ... ?
Now for the good stuff. The place is huge! Their land is a big one. The villas are nicely spaced out, therefore privacy is good. The resort sits on the beach, access to the beach is almost immediate. Just in front of the beach is a light house. Quite cool man, love it.
They have 2 pools. One of them have a water slide which was fun enough even for an adult. Me and my little girl kept going at it. The pool with the water slide is huge. The landscape around the resort is nice, makes me feel as if I'm in some elephant sanctuary. Love all the elephants around the place.
The back of the resort is link to the main road. So, its a easy 5 to 10 minutes walk out. Very convenient if you wanna try the local food or walk around. Free wifi is provided everywhere in the resort. They have a sports bar which have a couple of Internet surfing PCs. No charge to use them, perfect.
I think I must have called the front counter at least 5 times. The staff were super patient with me and my requests. It is worth to mention a few names like Chak, Jira and Tik. They are always smiling and friendly. They treated me more as a friend than a customer and that is nice. They have the distinct Centara hospitality that makes you want to go back. They made our stay very pleasant and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak is found right on Nang Thong Beach, an extensive stretch of sands framed by the emerald blue waters of the Andaman Sea and renowned for its gorgeous sunsets, and backs against a lush background. This four-star resort occupies a large area of land filled with a myriad of facilities that includes four swimming pools, two of which have a waterslide, a great spa, a fitness centre, tennis courts, a squash court, and age-specific kids’ clubs. There also is a children’s playground and a wealth of activities and facilities to keep both adults and younger guests busy and happy. There also are five restaurants and bars. Located steps away from the beach or scattered around the gardens, the 230 rooms, family-friendly residences and villas make for comfortable retreats for couples, families and groups of friends travelling together. All guestrooms offer ample living space (from 51 to 144 square metres) including a balcony or terrace with views of the gardens or ocean vistas, and free Wi-Fi, while the pool villas provide privacy. The resort is a one-hour drive from Phuket International Airport, and is a perfect base to explore the Similan and Surin island groups, discover the neighbouring national parks, and enjoy an adventuresome holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Fastbooking, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khao Lak Seaview Hotel Khao Lak
- Khao Lak Seaview Resort And Spa