We stayed in the beach front villa for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon.
1. Big room, great rain shower, humongous bathtub (took forever to fill to 1/3, we gave up but it was fun), private pool/spa.
2. Free mini bar, beer, coke, sprite, pod coffee. Refilled daily
3. the view and the sound of the waves at high tide hitting the concrete barrier that often shook our room/bed. some might find this a little disconcerting/irritating but we loved watching the waves and at night while we lie on the king size bed
4. friendly staff and free daily breakfast
5. Fast housekeeping: we had issue with our pool-side lounge chair and it was fixed within 10mins.
Cons: these are small minor issues
1. We ordered 1 main dish to our room and it took about an hour for it to be delivered. They had a dinner event that night so we suspect that's why it took so long. Food quality (breakfast and room service) is not bad but obviously not as good as nearby restaurants
2. Communication could be a little better, we didn't know they have free bicycles for hire (up to 2 hours) until the last day when we saw some other guests using it. If you don't like the hotel restaurant, it is a 15-20mins walk to the main road so the bike definitely would've came handy for us. We weren't told about the free transfer to La Flora either, read about that here.
3. Don't get too excited about the free afternoon tea/sandwich, we were given 1 sandwich to share between us and 2 cups of iced tea.
4. It was our honeymoon and also my birthday during our stay, I know we didn't book any special honeymoon deals and none of the staff really asked or took notice of our registration form, but just reading some of the other posts we feel a little left out given we didn't get anything special. Again, it's not really a con, we weren't expecting anything more than what we paid for.
5. Minibar fridge is not very cold, might not be strong enough for the hot weather condition
Privacy was not an issue for us, it's not a big hotel and there aren't that many guests that might walk pass the front beach
Overall, this is a great hotel, we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet place to have a romantic honeymoon/holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de La Flora, one of the best new hotels by Conde Nast Traveller’s Hot List 2012 is located directly on the beautiful, palm-fringed beach of Khao Lak, just one-hour drive by car from Phuket International Airport. This ultimate design resort with stunningAndaman views as well as its friendly service warmly welcome visitors from across the globe. We are proud of being the first modernist hideaway in Khao Lak, presenting cutting-edge architecture and unique design amid tropical nature. Whether you’re looking for a romantic hideaway or a luxury holiday experience, Casa de La Flora is definitely a perfect choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa de La Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De La Flora Hotel Khao Lak