“The best! Definitely go for it!!”

Thailand Dive and Sail
More attraction details
Owner description: THAILAND DIVE & SAIL was established in 2007 by a group of diving fanatics with over ten years of experience working in various locations in the Andaman Sea – from the Similans in Thailand, to the Mergui Archipeligo in Burma, to the Andaman Islands. We have created a new, concise and user-friendly site, containing the current information we, as professionals, hope is most useful in planning your visit to this area. We provide divers, sailors, snorkellers and visitors with up-to-date trip news and offers, authentic dive-site maps, precise environmental conditions at a glance and a source of complete, relevant information regarding the Andaman Sea area.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Went on an expedition in Burma/Thailand to observe mantas. First thing noticed is that you know you deal with serious people because they reply your emails, and questions, nothing is hide, they are very reactive. Definitely very very well-organized.
I had an 8 days expedition with my sister, and we were upgrade from a triple to a double :) which was great. The dive masters were absolutely fantastic. They know their job, they respect nature, they give good pieces of advice, they are very friendly and seriously take care of their guests.
The itinerary was very good too. We dive on Andaman sea in Burma and Thailand... and had couple of dives in Black Rock so that we won't miss any mantas. And that was absolutely amazing. Wa also had some breaks from the boat, ended up on gorgeous beaches and also we spend a morning in a Moken Village. It was another highlight of the expedition!
All I have to say is that Thailand Dive and Sail know how to make your dive and liveaboard enjoyable and I spend the most wonderful days with them. I definitely dive again with them if I go back to Thailand!
So yeah, go for it!!

"gear"
in 3 reviews
"company"

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Did a diving daytrip to the Similans with TDS. Had several e-mail contacts with Sam, who replies immediately. As it is towards the end of the diving season, it took TDS some effort to get me and my daughter booked on a daytrip, but they managed and organised this efficiently. We were taken with a speed boat to join a liveaboard boat (the Canic), which had all the dive gear ready for us.
We had some good dives at 2 dive spots.
As said, dive equipment was all set up and ready for use. They served us breakfast and an excellent lunch on board, water, coffee and tea available throughout the day.
Sam of TDS is efficient and well organised, and Ric is a great and nice guy to join you on the trip.

1  Thank morevish
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I went diving with ‘Thailand Dive & Sail’ (TDS) in Feb/March 2015 on an 8 days liveaboard trip to Myanmar/Burma. I had a really good trip and especially 3 persons made my trip unforgettable (in a positive sense). My first contact in the booking process was Sam who sits in the office and deals with bookings and also is helpful if you need help with accommodation in the Khao Lak area or transport. She’s super fast to handle your inquries and answer your questions which for me is of high value. The office is located in the center of Khao Lak so getting there is easy once you're in the town.

The other 2 persons are Ric and Clive who founded TDS. They have dived the Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richielieu Rock and Myanmar/Burma for many years and have really good quality information about the area. They know the divesites in and out and also what marine life you can expect to encounter. They are good at making you feel relaxed under water and they give you time to enjoy your dive.

Going on a live-a-board trip is also about having a good time on the boat when you’re not diving ie. between dives and mornings/evenings. Ric and Clive are 2 guys with a really good sense of humour and with their feet solid planted on the ground. Really nice people.

Well, the trip to Myanmar was so nice. The sceneries above and under water was amazing. Since not a lot of diveboats go there you get the feeling that you’re on a really special trip. I think everyone who was on the trip to myanmar got an experience for a lifetime!

It’s definitely not the last time I’ll dive with ‘Thailand Dive & Sail’ :-)

Michael, Copenhagen, Denmark

Reviewed 21 January 2015

We went to Thailand for our honey moon and got to Khao Lak specifically to dive at the Richelieu Rock.

I got in touch with TD&S through a Brazilian friend's advice. Everything went better than planned. Sam, their manager, is always behind her computer and replies almost instantly every single request. And she can give you quite good advices about Khao Lak, including where to dine, drink and have fun. So, communication is not a problem.

Sam arranged my trip to The Richelieu Rock with the Wetcat. Absolutely nice people, with great English, very nice tips. TDS's equipment were brand-new (I am XXL and had no problem whatsoever even with the BC), including the dive computer, which was very useful on the dive. Food onboard was good too, vegetarian and drinks were freezen cold, perfect.

Even a bit away (50m) from Khao Lak's main street it worth going there. Be sure you will find great service and really concerned people at TDS.

And, as said by every dive master at the boat: "everybody loves Sam".

Oh, a bit of a nice story: I ended up losing my wedding ring (yep, stupid man) at the trip to Richelieu Rock, so I reported that to Sam. She posted this at TDS's fanpage in Facebook. Believe it or not, after a month, a very nice guy from Switzerland saw her post and sent me a message saying that he had found my ring at the top of a pinnacle at the richelieu rock!!! So, a man from Brazil, loses his wedding ring in Thailand, an English girl posts this on FB and a Swiss guy finds it. How cool is that?

2  Thank Montalli
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2015

TDS helped set me up with a 4 day Live Aboard Scuba Dive package on the MW Pawara. Some people might think its better to deal with the boat operators directly (west coast divers), but I felt like I got a better experience than most of the other divers.
Here are my reasons:
1. My dive group consisted of the dive master and two other divers. (4 total). The rest of the boat was paired into groups of 6 or more.
2. My dive master provided us with ear solution and "herb breathing" solution to help us with each dive.
3. At night, our group would hang out and have a beer together. I found that WCD dive masters didn't interact with their dive groups as much.
4. At the end of the live aboard, my dive master took care of all my gear. I didn't need to worry about cleaning or storing it.

Overall- I think TDS helped make this live aboard experience top notch. If I had booked directly with WCD, I would have probably ranked my overall experience at a 3 or 4 instead of a 5.