“Nice Stylish Hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani
Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Khao Lak
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We chose this hotel as place to rest our head before and after our diving live-aboard trip.

The hotel is about five minutes from the public beach. Next to the hotel are plenty of shops, and restaurants.
The hotel itself is built around the pool. The rooms are clean and stylish, and give away a feel good vibe.

The senior staff is very competent, relaxed and friendly. The hotel is small enough to provide an intimate feel of hospitality, and the front desk staff is very helpful in organizing ground transport, restaurants and the alike.

The bad:
The junior staff sometimes has difficulties communicating. There are not enough pool towels for all guests, and the breakfast lacks attention to detail with concentrate juices, instant coffee, and other processed foods.

Overall this is a nice place for the demanding traveler to lay his/her head for a couple nights and it is good value for money.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor, as most of those have private Jacuzzis
2  Thank LuxuryBudgetTravel
Puran G, Front Office Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2014

Dear Our Valued Guest,
First of all management & staff thank you very much for your choosing us for your staying. All of your reviews and feedback will get share to our team and staffs. We are very happy that you have had a wonderful holiday and nice experience in Khaolak. We wish to welcome you back here again.

Respectfully yours,
Puran Gautam

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed for five days and the hotel is really nice, modern and at affordable price! Staff was always nice and helpful! I had a problem with shower and they fix it straight away!
The only thing is that the hotel is not on the beach, but you can rent a scooter and go around! You can bargain the price for 250 baht per day! And also beaches in khao lak are not the greatest I have seen in Thailand!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Larola80
Monochrome_Resort, Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear our valued guest,
We thank you very much for your time to write us the reviews and feedback. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality to be better. We apologized for your inconvenience stay because of our look over at the rainy shower head. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality toservice you better for your next visit. We hope that you had a nice experience with our Monochrome Resort and wonderful days in Khaolak .We wish to welcome you back again.

Be well I Be confident I Be different!!!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Not directly on the beach, but a good location near shops and massage places, and within a few dozen meters of three excellent restaurants -- Amici Italian restaurant (attached to the hotel), Enzo's (Japanese fusion) and the Rusty Pelican (great Mexican). As other readers have noted, there are a few quirks to the hotel (shower head on ceiling, no translucent curtains, some unusual breakfast buffet choices and omissions, a few rooms without good views). But the pluses outweigh the minuses -- it's a rather new hotel, spotlessly clean, quiet, with a nice pool, spacious room and balconies, nice towels, room safes, etc. Most important, the staff were extremely nice and helpful. My requests were attended to immediately by the ladies at the front desk, and they did a wonderful job with things like arranging tours for me. I thank their staff for being so professional. (Please keep up the good work.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. A few of the rooms have no views and/or no priv...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jghutton

Dear our valued guest,
We thank you very much for your time to write us the reviews and feedback. I will share you reviews with our team. We ensure to keep improve our service and hospitality to be better. We hope that you had a nice experience with our Monochrome Resort and enjoy with the snorkeling trip . We wish to welcome you back again.

Be well I Be confident I Be different!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very modern hotel (only 2 years old). Good location, although not directly on the beach. The beach can be reached in only 5 mins walking though. The rooms are very modern and well-designed. Service in the hotel was always good.

They have a good (a little pricey) Italian restaurant where we had one of the best pizzas ever :)

2  Thank zimbo2014
Monochrome_Resort, Manager at The Waters Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Our Value Guest,
Thank you very much for your choosing our resort for your stay in Khaolak. Again a big thank for your review and feedback. We will share your feedback with our team and staffs. We hope to welcome you back to our resort again and try the other dish from our Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here in early January and had a great time - this a very quiet hotel in a great location. The beach is just a short walk away with lots of free loungers and beach restaurants. Our room was lovely, and the bed and bedding were amazingly comfy - every night was a good night's sleep!

We visited Khao Lak a couple of years ago and the resort has been further developed since we last visited - it's great to see the local economy doing so well - there are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance - we ate Thai almost every night but there is a wide selection of restaurants to choose from. Our favourite was Chok Dee, followed by Siam and Baan Keanglay (opposite the diving shop) for great value and very friendly service. We also ate in the hotel restaurant (Italian) one night which is more upmarket but very good.

We would recommend this hotel if you want a peaceful stay, and are happy to not be on the beachfront.

1  Thank McJEngland

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a comfy sleep with our bedding. We will share your feedback with our team and staffs. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel atmosphere. Management and staff hope to welcome you back to our Monochrome Resort again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

A great little boutique hotel. Room was big, had a safe, the location great, and the price excellent.

bed was very comfortable, aircon worked well, and balcony was a godsend.

Staff helped to organise a moped so I could explore the area.

Breakfast choices were interesting... Loads of restaurants/bars/shops in the area.

Would stay again, as for the price, it's all I would want as a base to go exploring the rest of the area.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank djchewie

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and review. We will share your feedback with our team and staffs. Here in Khaolak, there are not many thing to explorer, anyway still fresh natural, local sightseeing and peaceful place for your visit. Management and staff will come you back here again at all time.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at Monochrome for 2 nights, and found it to be just what we were looking for. Most of the rooms open up on to a view of the beautiful pool area, and they all have balconies as well, which was great. The front desk is out doors located just outside the pool area and the restaurant is in the back of the property and is also located outside.

The front desk and bell staff were top notch. I had a large backpackers bag on when I came to check in, and the bellman literally took it off my shoulders when I walked up. Before I turned back around he had all my things loaded on a luggage cart waiting for me. I did get a high room as I had requested, which was nice and they escorted me personally up to the room. I asked if the front desk was 24 hours in case I needed towels or anything and not 5 minutes later, had 2 sets of fresh towels delivered to the room. We unfortunately couldn't stay at Monochrome the first night we were in Khao Lak so we had to stay somewhere else. I realized I left my jacket at the other hotel and the staff at Monochrome were kind enough to call the other hotel for me so I could get it back. They also called one of our tour drivers in the morning when they were running late. Great service.

The room itself was very spacious and modern as was the bathroom. The shower was to die for. I unfortunately was a little under the weather, and the room was so comfortable with a big cozy bed. The A/C kept the room very cool and the room was spotless every day after it was cleaned. Breakfast was included with our rate, and we were pleasantly surprised by their continental breakfast. There was a huge spread with a lot of hot food and a great selection. The perfect way to start off a day, and they start it early which was great for us. The hotel also is in a great location. Short walk to the beach and the main road in Khao Lak.

Overall, great value hotel. Very reasonably priced for a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up that looks out over the pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends