“Friendly place to go for a meal”
Review of Siam Restaurant

Siam Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 319 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Happy and friendly staff. Meals were quick to come out and service was good.

The Pina colada was the best I've had, though felt no buzz after two and generally I'm half drunk after one.

I ordered calamari fritters as a starter. It was presented amazingly, but incredibly chewy to eat. Didn't appear to be fresh calamari. My main dish also consisted of squid which again was very chewy. I'm a massive squid fan, so I was pretty disappointed by how overcooked it was.

My partner ordered the spring rolls as a starter and they were delicious. The fried rice was also delicious. I recommend you get it without meat as the chicken was also overcooked.

Another table ordered the prawn starter dish and it looked amazing. Others ordered Sundays and banana splits and they also looked incredible.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ok awesome looking place got us in and cheapish prices but who really cares if it's good it's worth it right?
Starters were spring rolls probably some of the best I've had.
Mains Mussaman with chicken the curry was amazing. The chicken was slightly over cooked but still edible.
Vegetable fried rice with chicken rice was very good. Chicken was over cooked and not edible.

Staff were very good and efficient.

I would love to go back but if they can't get chicken right at least once that's a deal breaker.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This place had a touch of class about it. It was furnished nicely with quality cane (or was it bamboo?) tables and chairs and the decor looked a bit more upmarket than your usual Thai bistro.
Red duck curry and shrimp papaya salad were real good and nice size portions also, plenty of duck.
Lovely flavours even if this curry was a bit hot.
I guess mild/medium is a bit subjective, but no denying the nice flavours.
Nice place for a romantic dinner I think.
Definitely a favourite in Khao Lak.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here, was perfect just what we needed to try Thai food.. could not fault any of our dishes. Staff were friendly and there wasn’t a huge wait to be served. Lovely lunch thank you :-) I had the pineapple rice yum yum

1  Thank Gstar0
Reviewed 6 May 2018

really enjoyed our hot pan - which we requested as a starter. the ingredients in the pan are set on fire outside the restaurant, great show too. the intense heat brings out the spices in the sauce and it's unlike any other dish you will try. staff friendly and helpful with recommendations, atmosphere cozy and welcoming.