All reviews nice pool sea view coconuts restaurant low season small problem five minute walk no lift great location on the beach beach front small balcony included breakfast sound of the waves new wing hot water third floor stayed here for nights amazing hotel
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Out of all the negativities I've heard/read about this small resort, I still stayed and tried to check in and it wasn't that bad! Well, maybe because I stayed in their newly constructed rooms.

Accommodation
I stayed in Modern Superior Room with Pool Access and it's nice for a low budget but it's so dull, in their website's picture they have a small pots of plants, colored pillows but in reality, there's nothing (well maybe because it's not yet done, but if they are now selling the rooms, they should put something to make the rooms lively). It's clean but amenities were incomplete. No slippers, hairdryer and telephone inside the room. But no worries it didnt ruined our stay.

Breakfast is not good, everything was cold. Their omelet was okay.

Staff
Upon check in, I talked with a girl (the manager maybe, she was nice, speaks very good english, approachable and friendly. But the others, unfortunately they're very scripted.

Above all, it was okay, wasn't that bad. As per my title of this review, what you pay is what you get. I just hope for the best in their new rooms! Thank you, Suwan Palm.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melissa t
Vichit S, Owner at Suwan Palm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Melissa,

As its low season, we reduce the price 4 times as of the high season to cover just the cost of the resort.
Pillows, plants, hair dryer, slippers are ordered and they should be in all the rooms before the high season.
As the wind is strong during the low season and we still serve breakfast on the beach, its very hard to keep the food hot. We are working to improve it for the next low season and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

2 star not more,breakfast terrible, the room that I booked was under renovation .Changed the hotel after 1 night. Little animals in one of the beds!!!!foto's on the website are looking good but is the opposite.Next door hotel very good for less money!!! The only good thing was that staff were very helpful and tried to help us they gave us the money back. Staff top rest is terrible. .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mirjam C
Vichit S, Owner at Suwan Palm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Mirjam,

Thank you so much for such a great review.

As we are the cheapest beach hotel in Khao Lak, I don't think there is any next door hotel cheaper than us as you have book the room for less than 30dollar. We do not position ourself four or five star and during the low season we are as cheap as no star.

Our room are not under renovation as the style is loft so you have to understand the style.

As we are selling the rooms very cheap therefore the breakfast is limited as per budget.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

"Breakfast" in low season much worse than my dog is getting at home.
The new area is very nice but still in construction.
This part of khao lak in general, ugly, touristic, not worth it.
AC is very loud.
I cannot recommend it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Vichit S, Owner at Suwan Palm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for such a great review.

During the low season we do normal one plate breakfast that is why the price is 5times lower than the high season. Right now its rainy season therefore the beach is not nice. The AC you can always tell the reception so they can edit it for you.

We recommend you to come during the high season and you will be serve with best breakfast, best sea view, best sunset on the beach and of course as we are the main beach of Khao Lak it will be the most beautiful beach.

I hope we see you in the High season

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The hotel was basic but clean and presentable. Breakfast was 1 set only although 5 sets were advertised in the reception when we checked in, it was fairly basic but ok. The pool was very good, clean and inviting.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We stay at a new block that is modern and nice rooms. All design look great. Only a small problem with bathroom, the shower needs a curtain. When you take a shower the entire bath room gets wet.

Love the morning walk on the beach, Not so many people ,calm and relax.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family