All reviews nice pool sea view coconuts restaurant low season small problem five minute walk no lift great location on the beach beach front small balcony included breakfast sound of the waves new wing hot water third floor stayed here for nights amazing hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were supposed to stay for 12 nights but just made it thru 1 night before we had to check out. I'm waiting for a refund of the 11 night payment! Long after I made the booking, the hotel then said no swimming pool. If only it was that simple. No water when we needed it for flushing the toilet and showers, no restaurant, no bar - breakfast in a nearby coffee shop, and the whole hotel is just a building site. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in - and I've been travelling for over 40 years!.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry P
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Suwan palm resort was just recommended by our friends who's previously stayed on the resort and told us a good experienced on the establishment, Everything we've hear was correct. Gym is near in the pool, Room is clean and new, receptionist is so nice and very friendly and the location is perfect. I will definitely recommend this hotel. It's worth it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My friends and I found this lovely hotel on our way traveling from Khoa Son National Park to Phuket to break up the journey. Such a beautiful beach and the hotel was brilliant.

The first night we booked into a very different industrial themed room which was great and on the second and third night we stayed in a family room. The last room was a little outdated and not as many plug sockets as we would of hoped (1 by then bed and had to unplug the very questionable TV plug at the other end of the room), but otherwise all right.

The pool area was great - plenty of loungers and a very basic gym which was also pretty good. Couldn't spend. Great amount of time in there as the air con was not so good and it became too warm very quickly!

In the morning there is a buffet for breakfast which has a wide range of Thai and Western breakfast food. Also great for lunch and cocktails.

Khoa Lak is such a beautiful place to go and visit. Although it still has a slight atmosphere, with regards to the Tsunami, this area really seems to be growing again with plenty of bars and restaurant's within walking distance of the hotel. Also plenty of taxi ranks around for getting around.

Would definitely stay here again, good value for money!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Rooms are clean, location great and breakfast also super good and many options. Hotel is driect on the beach and not so far from khaolak center where you can go shopping or dinner. I think really very worth it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonykk
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We stayed here April 2017. The room cost us £23 per night for both of us and that included breakfast. Our room was on the bottom floor and sort of had a sea view.... if you looked through the palms! But we really liked it. The room was all polished concrete- didn't seem finished but it was actually really alright. The bed was lovely, we had a safe and the bathroom was pretty big too.

We had booked 2 nights on Booking dot com and then decided to stay another 2 nights but for some reason we had to change rooms. That was no biggie as we were then moved to a lower floor room opening out to the pretty nice pool.

Breakfast was in the 'Coconuts' outside restaurant. On the mornings the main man was about, it was pretty seamless. I cannot recall his name, but the guy ran around like a blue assed fly making sure everyone was looked after and the food was still full. On the day he wasn't there, the breakfast staff were proper poor. Despite being asked multiple times for things, they never got it. They really seemed to just not care. But, at £23 a night we weren't into complaining about such a small issue!

The actual food was fine for breakfast. I had a lot of noodles!! We both enjoyed what we had.

The beach was long but it's not my kind of beach so was a bit disappointed and we didn't spend any time on it. We did however, get a tuk tuk pretty much everyday to take us up to white sand beach which was amazing. Really, really beautiful. Unfortunately though, the resorts are way out of our price range up that end!

The location of the Suwan Palm is great for walking up to the main drag where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. We particularly liked the Khao Lak beer garden that did brilliant cocktails.

Overall, for the price we paid, we were really happy with the hotel. I would definitely recommend to people wanting to stay in that Nang Thong area. Overall though, I didn't really like Khao Lak (after visiting Krabi area a few times) so we moved on and decided to go back to Phi Phi for our next week, followed by Surin in Phuket.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple