We stayed here in the first week of May and left just a day before they closed the resort for renovation. We flew from Bangkok to Phuket and had to wait about half an hour for the taxi that hotel had arranged to pick us up. The ride from the Phuket airport was about an hour. Taxi cost BHT1500.
When we arrived to the hotel we received welcome drinks, check in was fast. The resort is tucked away from busy main street quite a distance from town. There are a few hotels along the same road. The hotel a has private beach which you have to cross the road to get to but not far at all. The beach is nice not fine white sand but clean and steep. I'm not sure if it's because we were there at the beginning of the rain season but the waves got quite big at times. It's good for boogie board. But if you are not a strong swimmer can be scary.
The room- The room we had was a superior room which was spacious and clean. Bathroom was also a good size with bath tub and separate shower. The room was cleaned everyday, the towels were changed daily. Toiletries were restocked daily as well so does the fridge.
Restaurant - There are 2 restaurants well 2 eating areas one right by the main swimming pool which was used for breakfast. Their breakfast buffet was ok. They had quite a bit of selections but nothing extravagance. There was an omelet station if you want your egg cooked fresh.
There is another restaurant close to the beach nice set up food was good. We only ate there once the rest of the time we just went to town and get something from the market.
Swimming pools - There were 2 swimming pool the main one was nice not very big. It could get crowded if the resort is full. There is a swim up bar at the main pool. There is also a kiddy pool and jacuzzi pool built right in the main pool. I spotted another pool right by one building not sure if anybody can used it or only guests from that building but nobody was there.
Getting around - The resort is quite far out from town but they have free shuttle twice daily one in the morning then one at night but you can also rent a scooter from the hotel BHT 300 per day. Then yo are free to go anywhere you'd like at anytime. There is a beach area called White Sand Beach. It's worth a visit beautiful long white sand beach. There are a few restaurants there just order a couple of drinks of food then just sit an enjoy the beach or just take a walk along this beautiful beach.
Staffs were wonderful. They would do anything to meet your requests. They were polite and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 3+ Star resort is located on the long Khuk Khak Beach in Khao Lak, run by the local family from Takuapa. We are 10 mins by shuttle bus to Khao Lak Center. The shuttle bus run every hour in the evening (2 times a day free of charge, other time costs 50 Baht/Person/Way) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Khaolak Orchid Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Khaolak Orchid Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- Hotel Khaolak Orchid Beach