All reviews vanda spa hotel restaurant family suite shuttle bus pool bar third floor mango breakfast staff plenty of sunbeds laundry service nice resort yogurt pad thai verve orchids massage khao
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here on our honeymoon and we had the most amazing time!
Everything is open letting nature into the hotel birds, lizards and their own lovely hotel dog!
Room was huge and everything was clean.
Staff are really friendly and the restaurant served lovely food.
Pool was always immaculate and plenty of space to lye in the sun!
Would definitely go back for sure! Well worth the money!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 11 nights and can't fault it. The rooms are hugh, ours was on the ground floor and had the luxury of a separate bath and shower. Loved the robes, slippers, beach bag, mats, pool shoes and umbrellas that were provided for us to use. We used both the pools which were clean with loads of sunbeds available around the pools or on the grass. The grounds are spacious and the hotel has real character feeling a bit colonial in design. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the two girls at the pool bar (I don't know how to write their names) but they came from the sunrise hotel were lovely. The beach is just across the road and was usually deserted. The restaurants down the road make eating out easy if you don't want to get the shuttle bus in to town and we did both. We had a fantastic holiday and understand the hotel is shutting now for 2 months for maintenance so would like to return to see what changes have been done. Thank you!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fionie2
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Still a great value option on a lovely beach, sure the beachfront sunbeds are gone like pretty well everywhere, but that's no biggie.
nice staff, breakfast, where are the mangoes ??
its starting to need a little TLC especially around the pool area, lots on unven timber slats ready to stub a toe or 2, so be watchful
really well kept and spacious grounds
Ma Ma Greetings resto is just up the road, you will see it on the way in
way way better than the others in the village next to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2018

I do not get why this hotel gets such great reviews. We believed them and were very disappointed.

The hotel is located at the beach and the grounds are really beautiful. These are the only nice things I can say.

The indoors are in bad condition. The room we got (3d floor) probably was furnished 20 years ago or even earlier. All furniture was totally worn out, drawers could not be closed, spots everywhere, and the bed! OMG, I think the floor was softer than the bed. We did ask for an additional mattress, but that improved the situation only a little. The breakfast was okey, but not great. And the staff - I would say that the staff was either tired or bored or something, because they were quite impersonal. I did not get the feeling I was really welcome.

Overall, I suppose great ratings come from cheap prices, but this hotel really requires profound renovation. If I had known how this hotel looks and feels like in reality, I would not book it. It is really worth to pay more and stay in a better place. Because of the hotel I did not like Khao Lak, so I doubt I would visit that part of Thailand ever again.

Room Tip: Very hot on the third floor - impossible to stay without A/C (and too cold with it).
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We spent the last 5 nights of our trip in Thailand here and loved every minute. Staff are so helpful and really can not do enough for you. Everyone from the reception staff, bar staff, breakfast staff and the security man had a smile and wave. This hotel is kept clean and tidy, wonderful grounds and great swimming pool. My son loved the pool here. The room here was just amazing, we had a jacuzzi room and it was worth every penny (it was a lot cheaper to stay here at the end of our holiday when it just came out of high season and prices dropped) The room was huge, balcony was huge with sun loungers and an outdoor shower and jacuzzi bath, it was nice to spend some days lazing in the sun on the private balcony. The sunsets here were beautiful. We loved the food at this hotel, breakfast was good with a selection of food to cater for everyone. Lunch menu was good and we enjoyed the food in the evening. Rented a moped from here which was easy to do. I would recommend this hotel and would love to visit again. BOOK DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL. You will get a fantastic deal with so many extras, we got so much from booking with them (money back towards food at the hotel, 20% off food and drinks, airport tranfers etc). Great hotel, amazing staff, good food. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: April 2018