“The Sarojin is beautiful”
Review of The Sarojin

The Sarojin
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Khao Lak
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I, too am bewildered by Emily G's comments. I don't recognise the hotel described in her post. We are currently at the hotel and have loved every moment of our 10 day stay. We are staying in a garden room which is beautifully appointed , spacious and clean. The outside sala is wonderful to relax in after a hard day on the beach! We have eaten three evening meals and four or five lunches at the Edge. The food, whilst not cheap is outstanding quality. The staff here do speak good English and are to be commended for their friendly relaxed manner, nothing is too much trouble for them. They go out of their way to talk to everyone and knew our names from day one. They are welcoming and professional. I must mention by name Maria, Ben , Alex , Kade and Wuth all who made us feel very special. The gala dinner last night for new year was spectacular and beautifully presented with flair and class, Dawid you should be proud of your staff and your hotel. My partner and I travel extensively and would absolutely recommend this hotel as an excellent choice for a relaxing holiday. I must quickly mention the grounds which are gorgeous!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 December 2012

My wife and I are about to check out after 4 fantastic nights here. The staff is truly committed to making sure you have a great experience. We did a bunch of the activities they offer, including an amazing snorkeling trip around the Similan Islands as well as a fun and interesting cooking lesson. Really great food, the beach is beautiful, the grounds and landscaping is insanely nice...really can't say enough good things about it. Also, don't miss the spa - my wife and I the best massages we've ever had here.

1  Thank JimmyBrooklyn
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I just read Emily g's review. How sad she was not pleased. My wife and I are currently at the Sarojin. One week gone and another to go. Fabulous location on a perfect sandy beach. Our suite looks over the central gardens and pool. It is a joy to be here. All day breakfast is served in a wonderful restaurant in the middle of the gardens. Take your choice of cereals, any egg, cheeses, fruits, muesli, bacon, and even a couple of Thai dishes....all served at your table by helpful kind Thai staff. All bread and pastries are baked on site! And Emily, if you want people to only speak English, then you know where to holiday next time. But how sad that you did not enjoy your honeymoon.
The Sarojin staff go out of their way to serve from early morning till late night. I would recommend it to anyone. It is quiet, peaceful, sophisticated, excellent food, wine and friendly staff.

6  Thank Alreiser
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Fantastic rooms, unending brakfast, stunning setting, infredible spa, iced water and melon on the beach, incredible thai food in The Edge and all with a big smile and perdika..
The beach is incredible soft white sand with local fishing boats but no snorkelling.

Hope to be back: -)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The team of the resort did everything for us to enjoy, once more and this for the fifth time, a beautifull holiday. Accomondation and gardens are perfect. The service and the food excellent! The friendliness overhwehliming and all the sigtseeing and snorclingtrips very well organised. The spateam proved professional and cared for the upmost and best wellbeeing. Thank you Dawid for spoiling us with so much care with such a phantastic and highly motivated team. See you again in 2014!
Ruedi and verena from Switzerland

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. Choose wathever you suits you best.
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We decided to break our journey from London to Singapore where we would be visiting young grandchildren by having a few days at the Sarojin. We hoped it would be be restorative and enjoyable and it easily exceeded our hopes. The room was very well planned and extremely comfortable, the grounds and facilities of the hotel fantastic, the food delicious and prepared with enormous care, and all of the staff friendly while very professional. We especially appreciated the tranquility of the gardens and setting and the feeling that the calm of the hotel was never stretched by too many people. Dawid leads a talented and caring staff as well as being passionate about wine and introducing us to some unexpected treasures on a quality wine list. We felt the hotel was a real find; it offered real quality in its price range and we certainly hope to visit again.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

As this was our visit to Thailand I was a bit apprehensive about this part of our trip and also because we had such a great experience at the Mandarin in Bangkok I was preparing myself for a major disappointment (I had also read mixed reviews). Thankfully, I could not have been more wrong. The service at this hotel was warm friendly and mainly really efficient. No it wasnt the Mandarin but nowhere is. We had the basic garden room which was really nice and had everything we needed. I see no point in having a better room for this type of beech holiday. It was clean/stylish. The only slight issue was that you do hear a bit of noise from other rooms as they are quite open plan (nothing excessive). With regard to sea views, this hotel is on quite a big plot of land set back from the sea. They have done a great job with the landscaping. I think you would struggle to get a sea view like say you would in Barbados but I rather like the layout. The bit of private beach is really nice and of course the main beech is outstanding. There are principally two restaurants in the hotel, one Thai and one western. Both are really nice with good choice of food. The only thing I was disappointed in with this holiday was that prior to going we had booked the private dining at the jungle waterfall. To me this was the only thing that was very disappointing. It isnt quite as explained. Yes the waterfall is lovely and they set out 800 candles. However, the food whilst lovely is pretty much what you can get in the normal hotel restaurant for circa £100 for two. With wine the total bill was over £500 and therefore in our opinion the theatre surrounding the meal seemed very over priced. In fairness there were a lot of people on honeymoon and maybe for them it will be an experience to treasure. We have been together since god was a boy so maybe we just made a bad choice.
In summary if you are looking for a holiday that is relaxed where you dont want to do much then this is the right place. If you are expecting uber top quality then you need to dig deeper into your pockets and pay top dollar for a swanky place where you will no doubt not use most of the extra facilities anyway. However, that place won't be in Khao Lak. Try Krabi/Phuket or Ko Somui. I will absolutely go back here as it was very charming and relaxed.

Room Tip: We had the basic garden room which was all that we need