The Sarojin
US$201
US$229
US$191
Agoda.com
Palm Galleria Resort(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$37
US$57
US$51
The Briza Beach Resort Khaolak(Khao Lak)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$46
US$277
US$92
US$89
1,839 results
All reviewspool residenceall day breakfastficus restaurantour honeymoonsparkling winespa suitepathways spawaterfall dinnercold towelsgarden rooma la carte breakfastsimilan islandsserved all dayseafood bbqbbq on the beachwatermelonplunge pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Ok I have to admit I did not stay at the Sarojin but just had to check it out for a future trip just something about this place made me want to check it out, and was given a tour of the grounds and was told that there is only around 40 suites on this property what a sublime place it just felt wonderful.
Breakfast and main restaurant in the middle of the grounds by the pool surrounded by the suites and apparently the restaurant is highly rated.
We asked if we could sit at the beach bar for some refreshments staff service impeccable and friendly especially we really gate crashed this place.
Beach was much calmer that other parts of Khao Lak at low season and clean, I got the feeling lots of weddings would take place here and why not but that would not stop me from staying in the future.
Also good to hear they have a shuttle to take guests regulary each day to central Khao Lak as it is a bit out of the way, so if you where looking to venture out not a issue.
Can't wait to re-visit Khao Lak area its lush and green and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne1031Sydney
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Sarojin was one of the finest hotels we have been privileged to stay in around the world.
The grounds are beautiful,the garden room with plunge pool was lovely,the spa was 5 stars and the restaurants were tops.
A great boutique hotel on the beach in Khao Lak

Room Tip: Garden room with pool far superior to upstairs suites
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philip j
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sarojin for the first half of our Khao Lak trip in March. In one word: phenomenal! Impeccable grounds, amazing food, comfortable rooms, indoor/outdoor feel bathroom, enormous hotel pool, and the best service I've experienced anywhere. And the BEACH!!!! I was surprised that they don't show how gorgeous the beach is in many pictures. We were honestly shocked when we saw it. If you're looking for a luxurious hotel that stays true to the Thai aesthetic where you will be treated like royalty- you cannot go wrong with the Sarojin.

the rooms: if you can afford it definitely get a pool residence. We had the one closest to the beach and were in love! The staff takes great care of cleaning your room (I swear that the restaurant communicates with them when you arrive at breakfast because every time we returned to the room right afterwards it was always clean!) and of cleaning the pool. We spent many nights sitting on the lanai drinking wine and taking a dip. And it's enormous! [The 2nd hotel we stayed at we also booked a pool room and we were underwhelmed: cold, shallow, and no privacy.] The wine that is offered for purchase in the room is the same price as in the restaurant- but it is pricey. Side note- if you buy a bottle in the restaurant and don't finish it you are allowed to take it with you (so don't leave any to waste!) You might want to stop at the liquor store in Khao Lak town (about 10 minutes away) on the way in and pick up a few of your own. This saved us quite a bit of money. The bed is very comfortable, there's plenty of storage, and the bathroom is to die for! A huge limestone soaking tub with two separate showers (one rain shower) in an enormous room. It was awesome! [If you are someone who likes a lot of tv I'd suggest you bring an ipad or something with movies on it. I'm a reader so I was content with my books, but I do recall the channel selection being limited. Might have been an issue if it rained and we were trapped indoors, but that never happened!]

the food: Their staff is probably the best of anywhere I've ever traveled. They greet you with a smile every day, remember where you like to sit, and within 1 minute of being seated you are greeted with a tray of every fresh fruit juice you can think of (pineapple! guava! papapya!) and sparkling wine. A minute later someone else arrives with fresh croissants and pastries. A minute later someone arrives to take your order. Every meal we had at the Sarojin has flawless service. Not to mention- the breakfast is included in the price (we took full advantage of this because the food/drinks can be pricey)! And they cater to every nationality: there were grits, hardboiled eggs, pastries, multiple fresh fruit options, yogurt, breakfast meats, baked beans, even thai breakfasts. And all of it is made to order. We had dinner at the Ficus and the Beach Bar. Loved both!

The beach: paradise. The Sarojin has a long private beach with private chairs. There weren't more than 15 people on it the entire time we were there. They give you fresh towels, set up your chairs and umbrella wherever you like. Then they come around with aromatherapy cold face towels and watermelon. And you can order drinks from the beach bar/restaurant to be delivered. The water is calm and tropical (nice and lukewarm even in March). If you hit the beach later in the day like we did- make sure to stick around for the sunset. It was our favorite part of the day.

Wifi: free in the room and at the restaurants, and the lobby, and the pool. So we went social media crazy uploading pics and checking in with friends and family. Internet worked great too!

The spa: go. Just go. We had a couples Thai massage and were both very pleased. And it's also indoor/outdoor: nothing beats getting a massage while listening to the real sounds of the jungle!

Excursions: we booked all our excursions in advance through Khao Lak Vista (not the hotel, although it seems they do offer similar tours at higher prices). Khao Lak Vista is FANTASTIC! We did three excursions with them 1) Elephant Trek and Bathing (right around the corner from the hotel), 2) Similan Islands (do NOT miss the day long snorkeling trip- I've never seen such blue water in my life!) and 3) Ko PhiPhi/James Bond Island/long boat/canoeing. They were on time for pick up, the guide spoke English and was hilarious! And they're really flexible. They even threw in a few quick stops to show us a rubber farm to see how the sap is harvested to make rubber (a huge export item from Thailand) and at a local school where we got to help some young children practice speaking English. We cannot speak highly enough of this tour company!

If you are thinking about Thailand and you want the perfect balance of beach, jungle, tranquility, relaxation, spa, delicious food, and outstanding customer service, you really can't go wrong with the Sarojin. My boyfriend and I agreed- we will most definitely be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank DanielleA722
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Cannot fault this place for service ; facilities ; luxury ; brilliant breakfast( best in 40 years that I can recall )
Staff are brilliant and very caring and attentive
Being in hospitality 27 years I watched with amazement
Restaurant with wide choice of Thai food is brilliant

Room Tip: Take a pool room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjck1945
Reviewed 28 July 2014

As first part of our Thailand-Cambodja trip , we stayed for five nights in the Sarojin.
Only superlative positive comments for this jewel of a hotel. We stayed in the Whitekaps suite room, ideal for families with a superb bathroom , enormous bedrooms and really good beds to enjoy after a 15 hour flight ....
Breakfast is à la carte and served with a smile. Dinner in the Edge was excellent as well, some really good Thai dishes at quite high prices but with a FIVE star service and a beautiful view onto the Andaman sea.
Beach is small however long beach walks along the most marvellous coast are easy and possible...
The best part of this hotel is the personal service, many thanks to the team for this, from the warm welcome at reception to the caring details in the restaurants and the friendly smiles at watersports and beach area....
Again, we enjoyed 5 marvellous days in your hotel , special thanks to Mon, Wat, Nuang and Jane and the other members of Kade's staff we forgot !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family