Supposedly one of the better/newer hotels in Surat Thani. Its essentially a Thai business/conference hotels. The rooms were big, clean, slightly dated, lovely bathroom, free water, toiletries, beds are incredibly hard - felt like sleeping on concrete. Next to a main road but not too noisy. Big pool, restaurant with live thai music in the evening. Buffet breakfast is predominantly Thai food. If you dont like Thai they do eggs, sausages, toast, fruit. Go early because after 9 everything was stone cold or run out and they started packing up the tables and chairs before 10 (breakfast is until 10). There is no business centre, but there are computers by reception. No free wifi, but only 100 baht for 24hrs. Quite patchy in the rooms but v.fast in the reception.
The hotel is outside of town near central plaza which is good for shopping, cheap dinner, cinema. Its about a 1km walk along the highway. Theres a 7 eleven around the corner too for snacks. Do not eat at the hawker restaurant across the street, she will rip you off, charging you ridiculous farang prices which are more than the hotel restaurant.
3 big negatives for this place -
1. customer service is terrible, the receptionists are v.unfriendly/rude/like to ignore you/act like you are inconveniencing them by being there. I will however mention there was one really nice bell boy, as others have stated. He was great, very friendly.
2. Beds - hardest bed ive ever slept on. im not picky when it comes to beds but this bed was incredibly uncomfortable.
3. Value for money - this hotel is v.expensive for what you get, personally i do not think its not good value for money. If you are doing a quick pre/post island stopover and not on a big budget, stay more central for a fifth of the price - My Place was our favourite hotel in Surat Thani.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamond Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Plaza Thailand/Surat Thani