Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent one night here (550 baht) so we could catch the train the next morning. Surat Thani itself doesn't have much to offer tourists and I think most people only stay one night or two max. Rooms are clean and spacious, only gripe is that wifi is only in the lobby, but at least it was working there with good signal. Staff were helpful at check in. Night market is worth strolling through and is about 5 mins away. Orange bus is only 20 baht to/from train station and they run frequently, but not quite so frequently in the weekends. It took us about an hour on a Saturday morning but we did just miss a bus.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Since we were traveling in a group of motorcycles we needed a big hotel. This place has enough rooms for all of us. I rate it as average. The lobby is spacious, however it lacks the charm. Felt very chinese here.
There rooms were big too. But then again it has no vibes at all. Its just good for a night as a stop-over. However if you need a budget room situated within the city, then this is the place. Its a walking distance to the night market, town centre and the pier to Koh samui/Phangan.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed 1 night at Tapee hotel during waiting for a flight early morning from Suratthani to Bangkok. The deluxe room that hotel offered was good as it cheap for 550 Baht only! And the room was big and clean, around hotel has many restaurant during the night as well. The taxi (which reception called for us) from hotel to Airport at 500 baht takes time around 20 minutes.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Alice_Ker
Reviewed 23 September 2011

After researching the internet for Thai holidays, knowing that our train from Bangkok to Surat Thani would be packed if it was a holiday, I did not see any on the 8th when I wanted to get tickets for my wife and myself. After getting to the train station I was informed that it was a major Buddah holiday and that the 8:05 train I wanted was full, so we had to book the 2:45 train. It was late when we got to Surat Thani and was only going to get about 3-4 hours of sleep before leaving for Samui. When we showed up at Tapee I put a copy of the email reservation I received on the counter and asked for my room, at that time I was informed that there were no rooms available. After trying to explain that I had a reservation, I just gave up and our tuktuk driver said he knew another hotel. Fortunately the driver was very polite and took us to the Bandon Hotel, it was about the same price for an aircon room (+- 10 Bhat) and they had availability. So, Terrible is based on reliability, I cannot speak to any other features.

Room tip: Bandon hotel, which is just around one of the corners, is a good alternative.
Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank brownja1
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Have you ever stayed at a hotel where you felt like something was just not right? Kept the lights on all night. The bare rooms and shiny floors made the room seem like the perfect place to cover up whatever you wanted to do in there. Rooms are clean at least. Excellent location to film a horror flick.

Date of stay: July 2011