“Ok place to stay for a night or two in surat.”

Thairungruang Hotel
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Surat Thani
Castlegar, Canada
“Ok place to stay for a night or two in surat.”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a half dozen times over the last year. It's in a good location, rooms are clean. First time i stayed here wifi was free now you have to pay for it.

Nothing special, but if you aren't picky it does the job.

• Stayed December 2012

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
Trang
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I checked into this hotel as it was close to the bus station and I was without any other information on hotels in Surat. It is not the worst hotel I have stayed in but it comes close. The rooms offered are 320 baht for room with cold water and 450 baht for a larger room with hot water, which I chose on the recommendation of the check-in staff. For penny-pinchers and backpackers, the 320 baht room may be adequate, but I have stayed in many 450 baht hotels that were infinitely superior to this one. Pros: close to the bus station. Cons: a charge of 100 baht for wi-fi, rooms are old and very tired, the room I had was above the neighbouring backpackers hostel and I was kept awake until 2:00 am with the noise of people drinking and talking s__t. The staff were not particularly accomodating, when I asked for a late checkout (for which I was prepared to pay) the answer was a flat NO! The first room I was given smelled so strongly of cigarette smoke I had to ask for another. I recommend any one of the numerous hotels on the way into Surat or the quite new and only slightly more expensive hotel nearby called The One. I don't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Surat Thani hotels

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Like most travelers, I was directed to this hotel when I couldn't find any other during my brief, one night stay between Surat and Penang. The woman at the front desk were a tad rude, and the room rate was definitely more than I would have liked to pay for a cold water shower, and old room. Unfortunately, there is a window above the door and the bright hallway light shone directly into my room all night long making it nearly impossible for me to sleep.

However, the facility was clean, they provided free bottled water, and towels, and a TV was in the room. The room itself was very large with a queen sized bed and many windows. Additionally, it's centrally located to the bus stop, making it easy to get around, especially if you're only in town one night.

Although I would not have stayed here for longer than one night, it was reasonable for those weary from traveling and moving on the next day.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room away from elevators and one where there is no hallway light shining in.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I got here really late at night after being lost and walking all around Surat, so I wasn't in the best of moods.

I looked at one room and it was dark and musty and completely unacceptable. They showed me another which was much nicer, bright, TV. It was a bit out my price range, but she lowered it when I haggled.

It was very comfortable mattress and furnishings-wise, and it had an internal window that looked down onto an attractive (internal) kind of ground floor which was full of chinese antiques.

The main thing was the door that looked out into the hall. Above it, there was an open gap of about three feet by two feet. There were bars so no one could climb in, yet no glass, but it meant that the room was completely open to the noise from the hall. That made me feel it was less private.

I went to sleep. absolutely shattered. The loud, antiquated phone rang about 5am. but there was no one there. Then, about 8am. the building work started, in the next room, in the hall, scraping and banging and sawing. Not very nice.

The rooms seems to be very different, it's possible that some of them are acceptable.

Room Tip: Take some time to check them out, look up above the exit, open the window and look out, check the ha...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Famagusta, Famagusta, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Arrived in Surat Thani and was taken to the hotel (THAIRUNGRUANG HOTEL). 380Bhat for a double room, no air conditioning or hot water and 500Bhat for a double room with a.c and hot water.
Girls at reception were rude and abrupt altough the young man that showed us to our room was polite but could not speak English.
We asked for the password at reception so we could use the internet (wifi) and they told us the wifi was'nt working and that we would have to pay to use the computers which we thought was ridiculous. Note: we could see there was reception and all we needed was the password which they refused to even let us try!!!
Rooms were spacious but NOT CLEAN, especially the WC.
Not recommended!!!
Only saving grace is that it is within walking distance of main bus station.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Mr Walker from the outskirts of the jungle
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Arrived at Surat Thani trainstation at 23:35 got a good price from a Song Tew driver 80 Thb to drive to Sutar Thani City to a hotel 350 Thb per night I was only going to stay for the night so it was a good deal. Arrived at the hotel (see map http://g.co/maps/u9mty ) Got a good night sleep and Walked to the bus station (5 minutes) got a minibus to Khanom and meet up with some friends. I raly dont like Surat Thani area, normally (travel here many times passing trough) taxi, song tew, and anyone you ask is trying to charge you redicules money to go somewhere. But this time I was lucky.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo