Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
View deal
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
PricelineUS$28
Hotels.comUS$28
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2012

After spending 6 days in koh samui, we arrived in Sura Thani for the night ..

the rooms smelled like sawdust, there was no safe in the room, the worst thing to see in a hotel is cockroachs' in your bathroom, ants all over the duvet

experience was terrible. breakfast was garbage
the only positive thing i can think of is that the staff were helpful

strongly do not recommend this hotel. unless huge improvement are made

Room tip: rather stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mohamed m
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have given this hotel a high score because I consider it very good value for money. Yes decor a bit tatty - but big very comfortable bed and massive room with seating area. Modern hotels would make three rooms from the one we stayed in. breakfast was very Thai, be broad minded and try it - delicious. Food in restaurant was very good too and so cheap. Nor many westerners - but so what I prefer that. So to me things that matter were nicely catered for. I slept well, ate well, for a good price and didn't feel remotely claustrophobic like some hotel rooms. staff perfectly nice and helpful too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank richarddskw
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stay here for a night. Upon check in bell boy was helpful. Reception staff was warm and nice. Enter room, deco a bit dated but clean. Housekeeping did a good job. Dinner in hotel restaurant was good. Again, deco brings one back to 60' / 70'.. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Only lack is no kettle & hairdryer in room. Hairdryer will be provided upon request. U need to bring your Thermos flask. Overall, will return again. Clean and nice ambiance.

Room tip: Ask for higher floor rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Some of the rooms on the lower floors have a problem with mildew. This is true and this is why some posts complain. If you ask for another room, you'll get one. The upper rooms are fine. The shower is very hot and powerful, something I appreciate. The rooms have cable TV, so you can watch HBO movies, sports, news and others. There is a bedside control for everything electrical.

The restaurant serves really good food. I've lived in Thailand for 20 years and am a bit picky when it comes to authentic Thai food. As I speak Thai it's easy to order it with the proper amount of spice. I recommend learning enough Thai to get food the way you want it.

The breakfast buffet (included in the room price) offers a good variety of Thai and Western food. It's all good.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful to me. I've stayed there at least a dozen times.

Room tip: Go for one of the upper floors... the higher the better.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby and are baggage was quickly attended to by porters once we exited ghe cab. The front desk expected us and had our reservation ready to go (the first time this has happened in 4 weeks if travelling). Check in was smooth though we had to pay extra for my breakfast since our occupancy was booked for only 1,not 2 on their system.

The rooms are dated but clean and I always got a great sleep. There were no bugs in our room but a few large, slow mosquitoes in the lobby.

I really enjoyed my Thai food in the restaurant and ate there many times. The service was great consistently for my husband and I. Breakfast is good too with a mix of thai and western foods, so you should be able to find something you will enjoy.

The pool is sizable and refreshing. Massages were outstanding, we had 4 between my husband and I, all around 300 baht. They go very hard so you may be quite sore the next day, keep that in mind if you're flying.

Our laundry service was efficient and undergarments were folded in packaged together in cellophane bags, while our larger items were all ironed, hung, and placed in our room wardrobes later that afternoon. Prices are per piece, not weight, and laundry staff did not speak English but were friendly and helpful nonetheless.

Much of the staff speaks very little English but we had no problems getting our needs met. This hotel also has a large number of thai guests who are travelling as well.

Take a tuk tuk for 15-20 baht per person to the night market if you'd like some street food. The area has other restaurants and western food in the area too.

Overall, it's convenient having the pool, massage, and restaurant all under one roof. Great value for the money.

Date of stay: October 2012