Lowest prices for your stay
US$28
View deal
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$28
PricelineUS$28
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2013

For £20 a night this was an ideal stopover hotel for us to get an early start to koh tao the following morning.

The room was fine, on 10th floor. no bugs, and clean to Thai standard lol. There was one cockroach Sat on our floor after dinner, but we shooed it out and it didn't come back.

Dinner was really nice, staff friendly and helpful, they booked our boat for us. There was an English movie Chanel, so that kept us occupied - I don't think there's much to do in Surat Thani. There doesn't seem to be anything nearby anyway.

Date of stay: January 2013
2  Thank k8ld
Reviewed 28 December 2012

After spending 6 days in koh samui, we arrived in Sura Thani for the night ..

the rooms smelled like sawdust, there was no safe in the room, the worst thing to see in a hotel is cockroachs' in your bathroom, ants all over the duvet

experience was terrible. breakfast was garbage
the only positive thing i can think of is that the staff were helpful

strongly do not recommend this hotel. unless huge improvement are made

Room tip: rather stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mohamed m
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have given this hotel a high score because I consider it very good value for money. Yes decor a bit tatty - but big very comfortable bed and massive room with seating area. Modern hotels would make three rooms from the one we stayed in. breakfast was very Thai, be broad minded and try it - delicious. Food in restaurant was very good too and so cheap. Nor many westerners - but so what I prefer that. So to me things that matter were nicely catered for. I slept well, ate well, for a good price and didn't feel remotely claustrophobic like some hotel rooms. staff perfectly nice and helpful too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank richarddskw
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stay here for a night. Upon check in bell boy was helpful. Reception staff was warm and nice. Enter room, deco a bit dated but clean. Housekeeping did a good job. Dinner in hotel restaurant was good. Again, deco brings one back to 60' / 70'.. Food was fresh and nicely prepared. Only lack is no kettle & hairdryer in room. Hairdryer will be provided upon request. U need to bring your Thermos flask. Overall, will return again. Clean and nice ambiance.

Room tip: Ask for higher floor rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Some of the rooms on the lower floors have a problem with mildew. This is true and this is why some posts complain. If you ask for another room, you'll get one. The upper rooms are fine. The shower is very hot and powerful, something I appreciate. The rooms have cable TV, so you can watch HBO movies, sports, news and others. There is a bedside control for everything electrical.

The restaurant serves really good food. I've lived in Thailand for 20 years and am a bit picky when it comes to authentic Thai food. As I speak Thai it's easy to order it with the proper amount of spice. I recommend learning enough Thai to get food the way you want it.

The breakfast buffet (included in the room price) offers a good variety of Thai and Western food. It's all good.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful to me. I've stayed there at least a dozen times.

Room tip: Go for one of the upper floors... the higher the better.
Date of stay: January 2012