“Mike and family March 2014”

Thai Bamboo Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 68 Cha-am B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mike and family March 2014”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very green and relaxing stay with great pool.
Pool - clean water, big enough for 40 minute exercise swims. Good shade for early or late swims where no suntan cream is needed. Our 2 kids (aged 8 and 5) loved it so we used pool before breakfast and after we came back from a day out.
Rudi (the owner) was very hospitable and breakfast was good.
We had no transport and we arrived from Bangkok by (very cheap) train.
I should have had Thai Bamboo written down and map printed. I got burnt by taxi driver who said 60 and then charged 600. After that I always wrote down the amount and got it agreed before we got in. Trips to Cha Am after that were by bike or free shuttle at 1100 and we got a 200-300 baht taxi back. We enjoyed the fishing harbour a lot and went 3 times for photos etc.
We liked Thai Bamboo a lot and extended our stay to 11 nights.
If you have no transport then bring food for first night.

Room Tip: Bungalow was very quiet and shaded
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mhreeve

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at Thai Bungalows for three nights. Could have stayed longer. Very good.price and beer sold at supermarket prices. It is not on the tourist track of Hua Hin but that is what we liked about it. Rudi was very hospitable and you felt like he was a true friend. We went out for a meal together and experienced authentic local Thai food with singing and music. Hired a bike saw Cha am and the surrounding area went to Hua Hin and spent some time relaxing by the pool. We did a lot in 2 days 3 nights. We stayed in the house but the bungalows looked amazing. I was informed that you could hire the whole place which would be good to take the whole family grandchildren included. Keep up the good work Rudi and we will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wackersofyork
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My friend and I were passing through Cha Am and needed a decently priced place to crash for the night. And it certainly was that. The cost was totally reasonable. We booked the cheapest room but they upgraded us for free. :) So we got this cute little bungalow. Two twin beds, AC, hot shower, clean. I get that it's a romantic B&B that usually gets couples vs two backpacking friends, but I do feel like the room needed a TV. It really wasn't an issue. But it may have been, if we were staying longer. They provide bicycles for free, which is great, but there is nothing around. Like, nothing. You have to take a taxi if you actually want eat (outside of their little bar area). The countryside is adorable, and fun to bike... but everywhere else you have to work to get to.
Other issue - after my lovely shower, the ceiling light came crashing down behind me. It scared an embarrassingly girlish scream out of me. I had to pull bits of glass from my ankle, not fun. The owner had it replaced that day, so I think it wasn't fitted properly. I was just glad I wasn't directly underneath it. But he was apologetic and his wife came promptly with a broom and dustpan.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley R
www.thai-bamboo.eu, Owner at Thai Bamboo Guesthouse, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
hello

thanks for the review and to stay with us!
sorry again for that bathroom light. it never happened before! Anyway we check those lights now more often and let them clean at the same time! We are happy that nothing serious happened!
Places around Thai-bamboo:
Santorini Waterpark, Santorini entertained Shopping, Swiss Sheep farm, King Project, Teakwood palace, the beach, 8 Golf courses and much more like a bat cave, temple and so on!
Yes of course we are in the country side and not close to the beach, but we choose it here for the quiet and private location!
We hope you enjoyed thailand and the food and their lovely people
Bangkok
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent New Year 2013 - 2014 at Thai Bamboo. This was our second stay here. The first was only one night earlier in the year. For a short break of a few days it is the perfect place to relax in a very comfortable atmosphere, away from the tourist traps but close enough to get to them if you wish. The host, Rudi, is friendly, considerate and very helpful. His staff are also friendly and thoughtful.

The secluded location and atmosphere provide for a certain freedom that is very hard to find in Thailand. I am certainly looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the bamboo guesthouse for a few days and I was really impressed with the whole set up. It has a really relaxed and friendly vibe whilst maintaining a decent amount of privacy.The bamboo huts are fantastic, very clean and well organized. Rudi (the owner) couldn't do enough to make my stay a pleasant one and was always available should I need anything. The pool is clean and very well maintained.
I can't recommend this resort enough. 10 out of 10

(my tip if your going to stay here is to rent a bike or a car so you can also go and do some exploring as well because it's a bit of the beaten track)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Svelvik
Reviewed 12 August 2013

we arrived Thai Bamboo full of excitment. It was like we had hoped. Clean cabins, very nice athmosphere. I would take my famili too visit this place again.

very quiet and safe. the two dogs at the place followed and made my two kids feel even more safe. when they woke up in the morning the dog was still there and looked after they. The owner took us fore sightsign and even an cowboy dinner at an lokal place. I hope I will be able too visit Thai Bamboo again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a very lovely nice resort. The room is and the area is big and clean. Everything there was well decorated. I really enjoyed my stay at BamBoo garden resort. Everyone there is also friendly and make you feel like home. Although the location is quite out of the main city therefore it is best that you have your own transportation.

• Stayed July 2013
www.thai-bamboo.eu, Owner at Thai Bamboo Guesthouse, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
thanks a lot from cha-am! We are happy and proud to welcome you here in our small resort and we hope to see you and your friends back here again!
We will try to make it better and better here for the stay of our guests!
Not just to be pet friendly, we like to be the first choice for all tourist like it a bit more quiet!

For now all our bungalows has no TV but soon we are able to let you book a bungalow with TV

we will improve.....we promise