“Cute Hotel”
Review of Tara Mantra Cha Am

Tara Mantra Cha Am
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My sister chose this hotel for our family trip. It is a cozy hotel with friendly staff. I like its design and swimming pools. We only stay for one night and think I would recommend to my friends.
Breakfast was ok and enough for us to enjoy the buffe line.
For the restuarant, I would recommend to order pizza or any italian dishes but not Thai. Pizza was so good.

The only weak point is the street in front of the hotel that sepera

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Tara Mantra Cha Am

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very good hotel, first class staff, very efficient, rooms are spacious, well equipped,pools are well located on each floor , pool furniture plentiful, all sorts of food for breakfast, adjacent to beach,
Numerous Bars and Restaurants very close to Hotel. I will return shortly

Room Tip: ask for third floor , overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tombrec
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I wonder if I have just spent a long weekend in the same place as other reviewers on this site....As an expat resident in Bangkok, I am not too hung up on subjective notions of cleanliness but Cha Am itself really challenged even my liberal views (and believe me, I have lived in some real god forsaken places). The "beach" itself is hard to spot in places as there is a layer of left over picnic meal detritus and general rubbish scattered on the sand or gently floating in the water along with a large local population of jelly fish. The hotel "boasts" of providing sun umbrellas for guests on the beach - I laughed out loud when I saw the motley collection of broken and crooked rusty things that once upon a time used to be parasols, not to mention the sad and scratchy deck chairs gathered underneath; clearly the needs of the hotel guests on the beach are a very low priority to the hotel. The town itself is a dismal, forgotten sort of place; the only colour coming from 3 or 4 shops selling inflatable crocodiles and beachwear. At night we watched the sunset from our hotel balcony across an expanse of wasteland between our hotel and the next one. The nightly chorus of howling stray dogs added another miserable layer. In fact, with the howls echoing off all the concrete hotel walls, it sounded almost as if the dogs were indulging in their own karaoke party.

The hotel itself was fine, nothing special. The 3 pools everyone mentions are ok, you can swim in them but they are narrow with narrow decks which obliges guests to invade each others body space rather more than is desirable.

The fitness room could do with a good clean. The yoga mat needs replacing as does the weights machine which has frayed cables and I don't recall anyone needing or using a hula hoop in such a place let alone one that has been mended with gaffer tape....The bike and treadmill worked.

The most extraordinary thing I encountered during my stay however was to be found in our room. It was the notion that the person who designed the hotel thought that guests would like to be able to see each other on the loo whilst lying on the bed. This added extra came courtesy of a huge window in an internal wall directly from one side of the bath and into the bedroom by the side of the bed. My eight year old daughter thought it was hilarious that she could see into the bathroom and watch the occupant.....the wooden venetian blind that had been installed to attempt to provide the necessary privacy (once someone realised that this window was not such a brainwave) of course didn't shut all the way down so the entertainment continued until I cobbled together a sort of curtain. The food, bar, staff and general service were all of an acceptable standard. On the last day, my husband attempted to address the issue of the filthy beach with someone from the managers office but she just laughed and said sorry.....clearly, not the sort of reaction that suggests that the beach is going to be cleaned any time soon.

We were impatient to get back to Bangkok and just a little sad that this was our first experience of a family beach holiday in Thailand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CCsmother
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This one is only for the restaurant. We had both thai food and western food. The quality of the food was very good and everything was cooked freshly. It is not cheap but it is worth it. Service was nice and professionel. I would come again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guenterdk
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Cha Am has all the lovely beach you want, and the Tara Mantra hotel cordons off a slice of it for your personal delight, equipped with colorful striped umbrellas, so if the fun waves splash you around a bit, you will easily spot your party.
if waves aren't fun for you, swim in one of the three tiers of beautiful pools alongside the hotel rooms. (I swam laps in all of them. Just couldn't resist their charm.)
Then relax in nicely appointed, cool, spacious suites.
The staff are exceptionally courteous, even for Thailand.
I needed a few things not available in house, and I was directed to the closest service, a short walk down a colorful tropical street. Farang dominate the crowd, but not in the boisterous, unpleasant way of other resort places.
I would have loved to spend a week or two here.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank ma w
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The hotel has good rooms but all of the rooms on the first floor barely get any sun on the 'balcony'
Our room 110 had a smell from not being dried out ever.....No Horizon or any for of view from the room and people walking by all the time to get to the beach or the restaurant.
I must say that the cleaning personell went out of the way to keep the room clean and pleasant :)
Lalada tried to do whatever she could !!!!!!!
The breakfast at the hotel was very good , and the waiters and cooks excellent :) I can't imagine what you would miss here !
The reception very friendly and here we had to goevery day in order to get a card that would give us ONLY 4 hours of Wifi.....Very annoying .....you had to sign in every time.......impossible for iPhone and IPad to update :(
The hotel has 3 pools...on three floors ..but only room for six sun beds at each floor.
I thought this would be a problem but actually...since the pools are built between the hotel and a wall there was no air where the sun beds were and nobody could stay there because of the heat :) Must say that the water in the pools were clean and cool :)
The restaurant down by the road, overlooking the beach, had very nice food and great personell :)

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spa was not open but very expensive. CAN RECOMMEND MASSAG...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tanteaase
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Lovely room; really good standard. Breakfast very very good. Location is great too especially if you prefer quieter places. Big disappointment is the pigeons!! And the pigeon poop in the swimming pools.

• Stayed: December 2012