“Peaceful very family freindly”

FuramaXclusive Sandara Hua Hin
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel depends on your taste, if you’re looking for family friendly and don't mind a drive to some attraction’s its great. We booked pool access which was very nice for the price and swam, all hours of the day and night. The beach is directly across the beach and jet skis, tubes are available. This is a peaceful setting and can be relaxing also for solo or writers. The down side was the internet, which was extremely slow, also a lot of attraction’s are 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: Always, always have the front desk right the hotel adderess in Thai for you and the adderess of plac...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for FuramaXclusive Sandara Hua Hin

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We wanted a cheap(ish) hotel for a seaside break and this proved ideal. Situated at the northern end of Cha Am beach, this sits right on the front, separated only from the beach by a not very busy road. Facilities for families are good (we were a couple) with two pools, children's play area, play room, kiddie pool, etc.

We stayed in both a standard room and in the "stylish" wing. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and well serviced every day. The lighting in the standard room, as so often in Thai hotels in my experience, was badly arranged, but this is a minor quibble. The furniture is reasonably new, but cheap and already sztarting to show signs of wear. Both bathrooms were well appointed, the "stylish" bathroom being larger, as was the "stylish" bedroom, which also had the benefit of a balcony. Reception staff were helpful and the housekeeping staff very friendly.

The breakfast selection (limited) was what one expects of a hotel of this type. If included in the room rate - as ours was - it is worth having. The biggest problems were that a) food was not covered, there being large numbers of flies on it due to the proximity of the beach; and b) the staff who appeared disinterested in serving customers or clearing tables, and preferred chatting or playing with their 'phones. We never did discover what evening menu they had, given that one was never on show and the staff did not understand when asked.

Having stayed in both wings of the hotel, the stylish wing is attractive, but guests need to be aware that a) balconies face each other, thus there is no privacy on the balconies, nor in the rooms; and b) noise from the pool below echoes between the two wings of the building.

The pool access rooms in the stylish wing are identical to the stylish rooms, except for pool access from their balconies. These cost considerably more and should only be considered if a) your children are incapable of walking to the kiddie pool or the steps at the end of the pool; or b) you are trying to impress your new Thai girlfriend. At that price there are better deals to be had in nicer hotels.

Overall a nice place. Would we return? Probably.

Would we go to Cha Am again? Almost certainly not. It is a fairly scruffy and charmless resort, feeling like an average Thai town that has been dumped at the edge of the sea. It lacks the comparative charm and sophistication of Hua Hin, and is a town best left to Thai week-enders and Norwegians.

Room Tip: If you want tio be in the Stylish wing 6*01 are not overlooked by other balconies, rather by a stair...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We booked a room with direct pool-access. The room is huge and beautiful with modern facilities. The only upset is we are not allowed to swim after 8pm even we have the direct pool-access. No tour agent at this hotel, so, you have to find it yourself.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZAZAKualaLumpur
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Free car park and the hotel location is good, there's free wifi in the room, we have enjoyed the direct pool access room which is very nice.

The breadfast look good but too many flies on the some kinds of food during that time that make you are not interest to have it.

There's a promotion of 50% discount for the spa if you are a guest of the resort.

Just one thing not so good is the check in and check out service, the check in time is 2pm for this hotel, but I still have to wait for more than 30 minutes to get into the room when I arrive at 2:30pm for check in at reception desk. For check out as well, it just have only 1 staff to serve at the desk so it takes some times to complete the check out.

Room Tip: please remind the last two rooms of each side(far away from reception) will have the plastic barrier...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had 7 nights in Cha-am and found it very relaxing. The hotel is right on the beach front and surrounded by shops and restaurants. We had a pool-side room which was great because the weather was very hot and the easy access to the pool from our room meant we swam for hours each day. Our room was spacious and clean although the bed, which was huge, was a little hard but after a few nights we got used to it. We found the free wi-fi useful. We were quite glad that we did not pay for breakfast when booking, the food selection was not terrific and the cost of 300baht per person was expensive. We only had one breakfast there and mostly ate at a place called Dee-Lek which is about 350 metres north of the Hotel. Great full English breakfast for 180Baht. I would stay there again but definitely not book a room with breakfast. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. In all the only negative was the restaurant which was quite disappointing. We found far better restaurants close by that did cost a lot with good quality food.

Room Tip: Try for a pool side room which give you personal access to the pool. Steps into the pool from your...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel was fully booked over the New years, but still got good service. The hotel had a nice playroom with PS2. The small pool with the slide was nice. The had a room on the 4th floor facing the pool. It was nice and spacious room. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hmira74
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Our family had 3 rooms for 3 nights during the Christmas holiday. We stayed here based on the reviews we had seen for the hotel. We liked it a lot and recommend you stay here, but you should be aware of a few things.

One, the pool access rooms are great. I think there are 12-16 of them. Try and get one toward the end by the Jacuzzi and playground, but NOT THE LAST ONE in the row on the left. Your view out the room will be a wall, and only a small part of the pool. Also, our whole family loved the pool access, you just open your door and sit on the patio on the pool (private), jump in the pool, it's nice. The down side is that the people across the narrow pool are staring right at you, can't really see into the rooms, but it's a little odd. We thought it was a good trade (giving up some privacy for the great pool access).

Two, the rooms are great. Really modern, stylish, free coffee, fridge, large shower and bathroom, desk, nice clean beds, and large 32" TV. Only thing is, there are only 2-3 English channels and while you don't go to Cha Am to sit in a room, we personally like to lay in bed at night and watch something. They have Wi-Fi which helps, but it's didn't have a good signal in the morning on the patio.

Three, the breakfast is good. A nice buffet and open to the street and beach. Only thing is, they have to have bacon and didn't for 3 days. Also, there were flies on everything, all over the tables, and I was amused to see flies on customers while they ate. It's not as bad as it sounds, but could be corrected. We really like eating breakfast.

Four, the beach in Cha Am is ok. It's not Phuket, or Sattahip, but it's ok. The shore has broken shells which are hard to walk on. The water is a bit cold. I don't understand why, but Thai people know they have a treasure in their beaches, but no one seems to notice or care that it's littered with trash. You have to walk around bottles, bags, trash on the beach. I would be happy to volunteer to help clean it, but I think their own people should volunteer maybe once a week, especially the people who sell things or have umbrellas on the beach. It's just their culture not to see trash (I've lived in Thailand for about 10 years in various places). Don't let this stop you though. We enjoyed the beach over all. It's not that dirty, just could be cleaner. Did the banana boat and road horses. Jet skis are new and nice looking but cost about $55 for 30 minutes.

Five, the hotel staff was polite and service oriented. We tipped a couple of them, even though Thai folk don't expect it and frankly don't tip much, we thought the service was really good. THEN WE CHECKED OUT.

So, my family is waiting in the car and I go check out. I knew we took 3 sodas from the fridge and was ready to pay. She calls the maid who checks the fridge (they don't take credit cards for incidentals like in the states) and I hear here tell the front desk in Thai that the coffee spoon is missing. I told here I used it to make and then drink coffee at various places in the room and couldn't remember where I left it. I asked how much it cost and told her I'd rather pay the 50 Baht (2 bucks) for the spoon and be on my way. Then she said towels were missing, now I'm getting hot and go down to the rooms to look myself. My wife is upset at this point and we inform the hotel that we have many towels at home (and spoons) and really don't need to steal theirs. After unpacking our luggage, we couldn't find the stuff so I went and asked to speak to the manager to let them know I'd pay, but we wouldn't be back. In the end, they kept with good service and told us not to worry about it.

I don't get it. Is the lost spoon so important to them that they'd loose a customer? The thing is, if they had a problem with customers stealing, they should tell you at check in, not check out. We would have kept track of everything for them. We are going back and I hope the hotel keeps up with good service and standards. We like it a lot.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family