“Exquisite Place - Sunvillas does not equal Blue Lagoon”

Sunvillas Hua Hin Blue Lagoon
Ranked #33 of 63 Speciality Lodging in Cha-am
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Do not hesitate to book a unit here - but do so directly through Blue Lagoon.

The condo we had was splendid and the vacation was exactly what we were looking for - quiet family time. The Lagoon area and pictures of the units are every bit as good as advertised. The place is not, however, for those looking for excitement right outside the door. It is a taxi ride into Hua Hin which will add up if you want to do that daily.

I think I may have an excellent rating here if I would have known that Blue Lagoon Resort Hua Hin and Sunvillas are two different companies before booking. I'm not exactly sure how this works but the onsite office of Blue Lagoon (while helpful) did inform us that our questions need to go through Sunvillas management - who were considerably less helpful and only available via phone. Sunvillas management was disorganized at best, off-putting to be reasonable, and "greedy" ,as another reviewer commented, at worst. I was aware of the electricity policy but did find the rates a bit ridiculous and while I was able to check-in and pay (full price up front) with a credit card, I was not "allowed" to pay the final bill (electricity) with a credit card.

All in all - I would recommend this place for a great get-away. We will come back if Hua Hin is a future destination.

Room Tip: Villa N73A - is decorated in a very modern fashion. Plus it has a washer/dryer (which I don't be...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steven L

Reviewed 13 December 2012

I booked 3 apartments online via booking.com. After a few days i received an email which was sent to me by mistake. The email contained conversations between the staff of SUNVILLA and BOOKING.COM. They tried to get booking.com to cancel my bookings by trying to change the polices after confirmation. However Booking.com never contacted me to change or cancel any bookings. That is really impressive.

The next day i was contacted by SUNVILLA staff who tried to sell me a story of how there was a mistake in the bookings etc. I listened to her patiently and then told her about the email i received. She then was very embarrassed and admitted that they had sold the rooms for over 50000 baht for 4 nights where as i paid 44,000 each room for the 4 nights (i had booked 3 rooms). She then tried to negotiate for a higher price with me. I told her i was very surprised that she had the nerve to do that. After much talking she said she would call me again for another offer. Later her expat manager emailed me and kept on changing their words. I tried to contact them but no one ever answered the line. In all the whole booking was a harassment. I am a hotelier myself and was very shocked by the way the staff of this supposedly five star property treated their guest.

I eventually cancelled my bookings as i feel the staff is the main back bone of any hotel. If the staff or the management of this property are so greedy before we even checked in then i was sure we would be facing alot of problems during our stay there.

I am sure the property is nice but all i can tell you is the Management and Staff need to learn something about hospitality and customer service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank BKKACE
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We arrive at Hua Hin Blue Lagoon and check in to find out they want to charge us for electricity. Never before have I been charged for electricity at a hotel and argued the point but eventually my wife asked me to accept it as we wanted to continue our vacation. Once checked in, I checked the meter and recorded it. During our 3 day stay, we went sightseeing each day and drinking and dancing each night. We basically used the hotel for sleeping and had a swim in the pool a couple of times. We did not switch the TV on and used airconditioning at night only. We were sure to switch everything off when we left. When we went to check out, we were presented with a bill of 5950 Baht (approx $200 dollars Australian) for electricity. The start figure for the meter was not the same as the number I had when I checked it. The hotel staff all of a sudden became very aggressive telling us we must pay, and that they are calling the police on us. They also asked me to sign to say I accept the figure I disputed was right. Do yourself a favour, stay at a hotel closer to town. It's miles from anywhere anyway.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank OzzyJase
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We came here several times now. To relax this Place is perfect. The Apartments are built and furnished with a Lot of love. The stunning Pool is wonderful, you can use all the Sheraton facilities and reach the beach in a few minutes.
We love to stay here with our two small kids. It is so relaxing- you can cook- there is a very big and cheap supermarket nearby ( Makro). You can also ask for a barbecue.
To go out of the city for a relaxing weekend or holiday these apartments are the best possibility to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank dp5555
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We spent 1 weeks at Sun Villas. After arriving with taxi 8also taken of by Sun Villas) we got a clean, spacious and well equipped apartment with two generous bedrooms and bathrooms, great views over the lagoon and a large living space. Located next to Sheraton - gave great dining possibilities. Will definitely stay here again.....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank peter g
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very nice and quiet 2-bedroom apartments, tasteful furnishing, very nice staff, wonderful 1,5 km pool, all the advantages from the Sheraton.
It's good to have a car. HuaHin City 20 minutes away

A haven of tranquility!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank dp5555
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We spent two weeks at Sun Villas. After arriving at around midnight we were greeted by a clean, spacious and well equipped apartment with two generous bedrooms and bathrooms, great views over the lagoon and a large living space. Upon request we also received a BBQ, DVD player and ironing board.
The resort is located in Cha'Am a good 15 minutes from Hua Hin. Transport or a reliable Taxi number is a must (250 baht 1 way)
The resort is not a hotel, it's a self-Catering apartment, but there are limited local amenities to support this so it's best to stop en-route and stock up on basic amenities - unless you have transport and be careful on your use of electricity and AC which is charged at 7bt per unit!
The Sheraton resort (get the F&B discount card) is a good option for meals and the Golden Tulip, and Thani Dusit are walk able.
We had a great stay and for our 2 kids (8 and 5) the pool at 1.1m is perfect.

Room Tip: If possible request a ground floor room for direct pool access!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family