“I agree that this is a rip off.. room dirty .. bad service.. wrongful advertisement”

Sunvillas Hua Hin Blue Lagoon
Ranked #31 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Cha-am
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Well to start with .. this condo looks very nice on the website.. me and my family consisting of 9 adults and 2 children.. We booked 2 units of condo..they told us that each condo consists of 2 rooms .. when we got there the owner came late to pick us up in front of sheraton hotel .. refused to give us directions.. As we got in they made us check all tge cutleries provided.. one of my cousin complained that the units bathroom was dirty.. they wouldnt admit it.. they said they already cleaned but we insisted .. we didnt get a chance to check the other bathrooms.. which was also very dirty.. the pillows were dity towels provided wers dirty.. they then told us that we hve to pay for 1 extra adult even though we informed them prior to coming..everythng in condo was dirty n pretty old.. Shower was lukewarm.. When they provided us wid another sef of towels on the 2nd day the towels smelled of cigarrette with brown stains.. the worst was that they advertised that we could use sheratons hotel faccility with a 15% discount .. when ws asked abt that yheu said they plan to PROVIDE THAT PRIVILEGE IN THE FUTURE and not now... why advertise then ?? When we checked out.. they also tried to say that we broke some wine glasz and some cutleries ! god .. Service was bad

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank kaewi123

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We booked this place 3 rooms for 3 nights and were very happy to be there. check-in was smooth but check out was rough. i would not recommend for travellers staying more then 2 nights here. for the first 2 nights the you will get 60 units of electricity for each night but if you stay more then 2 nights then you would have to pay for electricity of all 3 nights. this is just a rip-off. i dont undertand, why? if they can give 120 units for 2 nights then why calculate the whole. so becareful. also you should check all the towels and plates/bowl when you check-in. we did not so we ended up paying for some unaccounted things. for the electricity i ended up paying 6,000 baht(USD200) and we used it very responsibly. only in the night time for bedrooms and little day time for living-room. beware!!!
Ended up paying for missing cutlery and towels, we were not asked to check or count while check-in and it is our fault we did not, should have. becareful, the electricity outlets are problematic too, so stay away for childrens. this property are pre-owned by some people and are given on rent to the management to rent it out so there is alot of interference of the owner with the management and they like to assume we are cheating them and bringing in more people and they come on you and blame you that you have people staying more then the allowance. we fought and make them have a head count and we were not over the limit. they just walk away with shame then. in return the management say we don't know, someone complain etc etc... it was just all lies i believe. you have to put a deposit of thb4,000 for each room so in the end no matter what and even if you did not loose your towels, cutlery or over use your electricity they still have your deposit to deduct all extra charges. will never go back there.

Room Tip: Do Not Go Here
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachLoveLife
Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I had read a few poor reviews prior to going and was prepared for all thing previously reported but have to say I had no problems at all.

The room was modern, clean and spacious.

The facilities were more than adequate.

While it was a few klms into Hua Hin, it was easy enough as we had our own car and the traffic was minimal, actually easy in comparison to Pattaya.

I would recommend this hotel, but it is important to call ahead prior to your arrival to ensure a smooth transistion into your room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark W
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Big room, great price considering it is a 2 bedroom and 150 sqm meter, almost 5 times larger than standard hotel room in hua hin. The kids had alot of fun and could swim in the huge swimming pool as a matter of fact it is the largest swimming pool in thailand at almost 1.5 km. not located too close to the city but only a 5 minute drive away from hua hin, it is very peaceful and i strongly recommend people to go there if they want a quiet peaceful without feeling too much of the hectic lifestyle of the city

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank aaronaerni
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Firstly I have to agree with the comments of the previous reviewer. Hence my dilemma in how I should rate this property. The property as a whole is excellent but our particular experience was not great because of the Sunvilla management. They seemed more focused on how i was going to pay the electricity bill when I left than the fact that the apartment they gave me was not what we had requested nor did it suit our needs.

We booked our accommodation through WOTIF and the problems started there with Sunvillas first accepting our booking and then cancelling it as they did not really have the availability. Finally we found some dates and on arrival the bedding configuration was not what we wanted or had booked. Imagine 2 teenage boys sleeping in one double bed for 9 nights. Nightmare!

There were a number of issues with the unit apart from it being the wrong one. The cleaning staff turned off the hot water one day for some inexplicable reason.!

There are a number of units in the complex, some are managed by Sunvillas and some by Blue Lagoon. There is probably price differential between the two but at the time we booked there was nothing available through Blue Lagoon, If you want a trouble free stay and get what you request, its best to try Blue Lagoon first. We heard some glowing reports from other residents who have been coming back for last 4 or 5 years.

Ok - enough about Sunvillas. Lets talk about the 'Blue Lagoon'. The swimming pool is the jewel in the crown - its (they say) 1.2km long, just over waist deep allround. Great for everyone for exercise or a waddle around each morning or afternoon. It would be excellent for younger kids. Great place to relax after a day out in the heat doing the tourist stuff.

The property is on a busy road 6 lane. Reasons to cross it are: discount mall directly across across, some massage places.(250 Bt Thai Massage, 400 Bt Oil Massage), a laundrmat (300 bt for a big bag of dirty clothes), and a 7 eleven store.

There are a few restaurants of which we ate frequently at one, which is on the same side as the Villas. It is about 100m north of the hotel. We ate there as a family of five with beers for around $15-20.

The Blue Lagoon resort sits in front of the Sheraton. We ate in the Sheraton a few times and received a 15% discount card which covered the 10% service charge and 5% tax they add on each bill. I thought the food overall was average to acceptable. There are a few happy hours running in different bars. 3-5pm down at beachfront and 8-10pm in the central bar. Guests of Blue Lagoon villas can use the facilities of Sheraton for a price and during Xmas/New Years period we would have had to pay 1 month fee - around $300 for the five of us. We opted out as we had our own 1.2km pool.

The location of the Villas may seem a bit to remote for some. Its a 15-20 minute taxi/tuk-tuk ride into Hua Hin - cost $10. Our teenage boys would have preferred to be in closer but the swimming pool at the Villas was always worth the distance.

In summary, we had a good time there notwithstanding the problems with our accommodation, Would we stay again? Most likely yes.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rokkinrod
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Do not hesitate to book a unit here - but do so directly through Blue Lagoon.

The condo we had was splendid and the vacation was exactly what we were looking for - quiet family time. The Lagoon area and pictures of the units are every bit as good as advertised. The place is not, however, for those looking for excitement right outside the door. It is a taxi ride into Hua Hin which will add up if you want to do that daily.

I think I may have an excellent rating here if I would have known that Blue Lagoon Resort Hua Hin and Sunvillas are two different companies before booking. I'm not exactly sure how this works but the onsite office of Blue Lagoon (while helpful) did inform us that our questions need to go through Sunvillas management - who were considerably less helpful and only available via phone. Sunvillas management was disorganized at best, off-putting to be reasonable, and "greedy" ,as another reviewer commented, at worst. I was aware of the electricity policy but did find the rates a bit ridiculous and while I was able to check-in and pay (full price up front) with a credit card, I was not "allowed" to pay the final bill (electricity) with a credit card.

All in all - I would recommend this place for a great get-away. We will come back if Hua Hin is a future destination.

Room Tip: Villa N73A - is decorated in a very modern fashion. Plus it has a washer/dryer (which I don't be...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven L
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I booked 3 apartments online via booking.com. After a few days i received an email which was sent to me by mistake. The email contained conversations between the staff of SUNVILLA and BOOKING.COM. They tried to get booking.com to cancel my bookings by trying to change the polices after confirmation. However Booking.com never contacted me to change or cancel any bookings. That is really impressive.

The next day i was contacted by SUNVILLA staff who tried to sell me a story of how there was a mistake in the bookings etc. I listened to her patiently and then told her about the email i received. She then was very embarrassed and admitted that they had sold the rooms for over 50000 baht for 4 nights where as i paid 44,000 each room for the 4 nights (i had booked 3 rooms). She then tried to negotiate for a higher price with me. I told her i was very surprised that she had the nerve to do that. After much talking she said she would call me again for another offer. Later her expat manager emailed me and kept on changing their words. I tried to contact them but no one ever answered the line. In all the whole booking was a harassment. I am a hotelier myself and was very shocked by the way the staff of this supposedly five star property treated their guest.

I eventually cancelled my bookings as i feel the staff is the main back bone of any hotel. If the staff or the management of this property are so greedy before we even checked in then i was sure we would be facing alot of problems during our stay there.

I am sure the property is nice but all i can tell you is the Management and Staff need to learn something about hospitality and customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family