“I expected much better for this price”
Review of Srisawat Resort

Srisawat Resort
Ranked #7 of 75 Cha-am B&B and Inns
Hasselt, Belgium
“I expected much better for this price”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Upon arrival, reception wanted me to pay immediately for the 10 nights I booked, without seeing my room. I insisted seeing my room first. Later I should come to pay. 5 Minutes later, on behalf of the manager, staff knocked at my room door, asked if I liked the room, and urged me to pay at reception.
Srisawat Resort is nice, but bungalows are too close to each other (6 inches-15cm). When you have Thai neighbours who switch on tv very loud before 5am… . Foreign tourist won’t switch on tv, as there are ONLY THAI channels.
The breakfast: choice between rice soup with instant coffee, tea or instant Chocó drink, some fruit, or ABF (2 white toasts, butter, jam, 4 mini sausages, 1 cold egg, instant coffee, tea, or instant Chocó drink, some fruit), to order the day before at the reception. No fruit juice, no milk, no yoghurt, no fresh eggs. A worthless breakfast. I have seen foreigners buying extra things in the shop, to eat together with their breakfast.
WiFi is very unreliable. Sometimes no reception during hours, even if there are about no customers at the resort.
I had the impression that foreigners were not really welcome (bad WiFi, only Thai tv, poor breakfast), but that only their money is highly welcomed.
During 10 days I tried to speak to the manager, to give her some suggestions to improve service for the 1800 THB/day I needed to pay, but I always have got the same answer at the reception: “she is not available”.
Anyway, next time I’ll go to another place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guy V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Thai first
Ile de France
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Convenient location, 5' on foot from the animated beach with its restaurants. Quiet and charming with wooden thai style houses around the swimming pool (plus a small building with hotel rooms not visited). Good address for a short stay : after a couple of days, you need a good book to compensate the absence of english channels on TV, the simplistic breakfast, plus the limited attractions of Cha-am.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Natchou
Helmond
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed for two nights in this resort which we think is a very nice and cosy one. The resort has a few wooden bungalows around the pool which are large and more expensive than the rooms in the central building. We had a room in the central building. The room is small but clean, the bed has a perfect softness: not too soft and not to hard. You can choose your breakfast out of Western style or Asian style with coffee, tea or chocolate milk. Western breakfast were two slices of toast, butter and jam, one egg and some sausages. You get also some fresh fruit and drinking water. The reception, restaurant and pool area are nicely decorated with antique stuff. We only payed 700 Baht per night for two persons.

Room Tip: The ones in the central building are very small but okay if you compare price and quality. The woode...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank joost32
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

It is difficult to give this resort a fair review as on the day I was leaving I was charged 400 bth to go into Hua Hin. Despite disputing the fact and noting that the day before the staff had said that it was 200 bth they said this was the fee. When the driver arrived he was not a taxi driver and didn’t have a clue where he was going (I ended up using my map to show him). As I felt miles from anywhere did not feel I had an option. I am very disappointed in this place and certainly would not recommend or stay in it again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
16 Thank travellerchick11
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here for just a night but really enjoyed our afternoon here. We stayed in a standard, which was in the main building and was spotlessly clean. The aircon worked well and the shower was good. The bed was one of the nost comfortable I have slept in. It was nwither hard nor soft but very conducive to a good night's rest. We found the staff very polite and friendly. The resort has a lovely pool and around it are the more expensive bungalows, which looked really lovely indeed. If we ever return, we will take a bungalow. The resort is about 500 metres from the beach, which is easily walkable in 10 minutes and it is good that it was set back as it is very quiet and peaceful. The resort also has lots and lots of amazing antiques from the past century all over the place. The reception area and restaurant are full of amazing items making the place look like a nuseum. Really interesting. Breakfast the next morning was adequate and tasty.
Only one thing to be aware of is the white plastic drain cover around the swimming pool, as I put my foot right through a section and it looked like others had done the same. Fortunately, I was only bruised a little. I think they are replacing it though as one of the emplyees came out and started replacing part of it immediately.
Overall, a great place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple