“Fantastic lunch”

Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Cha-am
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Asian, Thai, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Our thin crusty pizzas are made with fresh dough and hand rolled with a wide selection of generous toppings. The Mozzarella cheese we use is made by an Italian Cheesemaker in Hua Hin. All our Thai dishes are freshly prepared to order with herbs grown on the premises to ensure the fullest freshest flavour.
Australia
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch here whilst staying at the Novotel. The food was fresh, yummy and beautifully cooked. They cater for a wide range of tastes, thai and western. I had a very yummy green curry, which was perfectly cooked. The food came quickly and was very reasinably priced. Would definitely recommend to travellers staying in the area.

3 Thank Shuz712

• Korean first
Malvern
“Every town and village should have a bar like this”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Harry's bar in the wonderful 'village' of Ban Kwai is run by Alan (the bar is named after his son) and his lovely partner Wanda, this is an ideal place for a great English breakfast (sorry, I love Thai food, but not their breakfast choices). At just 150 baht (£3) you get two eggs (cooked to perfection) bacon, tomato and toast with a pot of tea or a coffee as well as a glass of fruit juice. The tea was the best I had in all my pots in Thailand. They also do all manner of other foods and appear to specialise in home made pizzas. Pizza isn't something I particularly eat but others that ordered them whilst we were there clearly thought they were wonderful and far better than other establishments who apparently buy them in and just microwave them up. You may have to wait a little longer, but I'm sure well worth the wait.

On one of our last nights I had a Penang curry and my wife Chicken fried rice. Both were excellent and some of the biggest portions we have had during our stay in Thailand. Whatever meal you go for, you won't be disappointed, we certainly weren't.

I must add, that one day I had French bread, cheese and a home made mango and ginger chutney, my oh my was that chutney good. They just must sell the recipe to Waitrose.

Free wifi and papers, toilets and Alan is a font of all knowledge locally, so if you want to know where to go or how to get something, pop in and ask, he may even be able to assist with a computer problem if you have one! Places like this in resorts are great finds, well worth a visit even if you just fancy a marmite sandwich!

They also have a room to rent and at 5000 baht a week inc breakfast (less than £100), it sounds a steal, particularly as you get free use of facilities at the nearby Novo hotel. I don't give many five stars, but I genuinely believe Harry's bar deserves one.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Pencroft
London, United Kingdom
“A little Gem!!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this as we were exploring the village and decided to have breakfast. Well we were hooked. Every morning we gave the Novotel Breakfast a miss to enjoy the best English breakfast and proper cup of tea!! The price very reasonable. Loved this place can't wait to go back!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very helpful advice and lovely food”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we recently visited this lovely village of Ban Kwai and happened upon Harrys Bar. The guide in the front of menu really helped us plan our stay and the advice from Alan (not Harry?!) was a real help for us to book taxis and get around etc.
The food was lovely, we had breakfast there a few times and also lunch and tea. Free wifi was good, however, there is also the option of using their PC if you need it, a very friendly touch.
All herbs grown an the roof garden and apparently, you can rent an apartment from them as well.
A definite recommendation if you are visiting this area.

• Visited October 2013
England
“Not To Be Missed”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Been going here for years, good english and thai food reasonably priced with internet and newspapers included.
A pleasant couple who can't do enough for you and seem to have many annual regulars.
We have been going for a few years now and have chilled out many a hour there.

• Visited February 2013