Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews hua hin small village swimming pool beach resort sun loungers high tide nice resort chalet jellyfish sea thai bow khun
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I did enjoy my stay here but would not return, only because I felt it was more suitable for older folks it was way to quiet for me, I like it peaceful when I'm away but this was something else, you felt guilty for enjoying yourselves to loud because of the way some of the guest looked at you....the chalets are beautiful and the grounds are a delight the food wasn't up to much, but hua hin is only a taxi ride away, then again the food on the whole in Thailand wasn't for me...to picky I guess.
The beach is just ok...jelly fish are a problem and the ocean is a little choppy at times, I'm not very confident in the water so I stayed out of the sea because of that...the pool is big and clean so I was happy there.
Not a good review if I'm honest I was disappointed with Thailand and maybe that reflects on my opinion of the cha-am regent chalets....if you are on the other side of 60 it would suit if not then think carefully it's a rather dull place to stay, in my opinion.

Date of stay: May 2011
11  Thank CarolCatWoman
Reviewed 27 March 2012

As other reviews rightly said, this is a quiet location in Cha-am and appealing if you do not like high-rise hotels or want night-life. The rooms in wooden bungalows, set in an attractive garden, were spacious and well appointed, but not luxurious or trendy! The pool is large and delightful, and the hotel is right next to the beach if you prefer walking there. We chose to eat at a little restaurant next door at night and had delicious Thai seafood dishes, but breakfast at the hotel was good and we enjoyed sitting in the restaurant with a lovely view over the beach and out over the sea. As we were only there for a short break, we did not explore further but gather from other guests that there were other places to eat not too far away within a shuttle bus or taxi ride. Overall if you want a quiet relaxing time, this is a good place to go but probably better in the week as Friday night was much busier, with families arriving so the pool and grounds much busier and noisier!

Room tip: If possible, ask to be away the entrance road and the restaurant.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank pimlico10
Reviewed 19 March 2012

As others have said, lovely peaceful hotel but a little isolated and no fully manned bar while we were there so you couldn't get a drink in the evening unless you were eating in the restaurant.
There were a couple of restaurants if you turned right out of the hotel and more if you turned left and headed for the little village which was about 10 - mins walk away.
Trips into Hua Hin would cost about £6 each way if you didn't want to be restricted to the hotel shuttle times, the last pick up was at 10 pm and had to be booked well in advance to be sure of a seat. The breakfast help yourself buffet was lovely and had a good choice. We only ate in the hotel twice at night and found that as there were very few guests eating in the restaurant it meant that the staff were 'hovering' to take plates etc. away, which we found a little off putting.
The quietness did have it's up side though as there was never a problem finding a sun bed by the pool. The hotel staff were always pleasant and helpful.
The hotel was within reach for day trips such as the River Kwai and Floating Markets.
This was a lovely holiday in a lovely setting but we would perhaps try a slightly livelier location next time but would be happy to return here in our later years.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank JenFitz49
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Beautiful looking hotel, rooms nice, but not outstanding, situated out of town which was great for the quietness of the beach but a pain cos you had to get taxis or the hotel shuttle which was not cheap think it should have been complimentary really, also Internet was £12 per hour!!! Hotel of this size and level you would not expect that when the little restaurant in the small local village had wifi for free! Ok I suppose for a night or two but boring as hell for any longer, had massage in hotel was £30 but don't bother the girls on the beach were far far better and cost £3 with the sound of the surf was heaven.

6  Thank boobious
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Very peaceful & enjoyable holiday, the rooms are very clean but basic, but what more do you need. We stayed on room only basis but did have several meals in the restaurant which were very nice although a bit expensive. The restaurants on the beach & in the village are better value, half the price! The staff here are amazing and very helpful, in every department. The hotel was full when we were there in january ( mainly SAGA guests ) Not really suitable for younger people. The only negative was the lack of sun loungers & some people reserving beds on both sides of the pool to catch the sun all day, you have to be an early riser to get a sun lounger!!

Date of stay: February 2012