All reviews jacuzzi room sea restaurant hua hin private pool sliders beach front welcome drink the main hotel day bed rooms are nice horse riding spent nights egg station quiet location seafood pool bar great pool
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Good place for relaxing and Great Service by Front Office, Housekeeping and F/B Team, the person who checked us in takes time to show us around for us to be able to choose the rooms, Housekeeping Khun Noo with her hand written goodnight note, Khun Lek with always a BIG smile on her face every time when greeting us.. FB Team Khun Jamnong with a very warm welcome and a surprise to see him again, Khan Maew-ISEA with a great taking care of us that makes us feel at home and Khun Bell -ISEA who knows a lot of FB products that ready to serve and to sell his products of food&drinks to the Big German drinkers in our group. Breakfast is so impressive with all staff that being very attentive even the trainee at coffee station,Khun Jane..she remembers me after the first time & what kind of coffee that I drink and she makes it exactly so to put on my table without having to order it in every morning during my stay until today morning.. and tomorrow she will do also the same I think. Thank you very much for such a good attention to us./Mareeya and on behalf of all of us in the party of Four people

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Jamnong B, Resort Manager at Veranda Resort Hua Hin - Cha Am Mgallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Khun Mayreeya P
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Veranda Resort Hua Hin - Cha Am MGallery by Sofitel.

Thank you for choosing Veranda Resort Hua Hin for your recent stay. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Veranda Resort Hua Hin.
Thank you for choosing Veranda Resort Hua Hin for your stay. Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is our main concern.
Our team have tried to anticipate your needs,
Thank you for nominating of our staff, please rest assured that we will pass on their name for complimentary.

Once Again thank you for staying with us at Veranda Resort Hua Hin and we invite you to include us in your future plans when you visit this area again.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Great place for relax with family, pool area is great for family activity.
Air con. had some problem, it seem house keeping known about it but not report to have it fixed (they were feel warm and change temperature to very low value, we found out after we back to our room and feel the same and check air con. setting).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jamnong B, Resort Manager at Veranda Resort Hua Hin - Cha Am Mgallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Njong
Thank you for choosing the Veranda Resort Hua Hin for your stay. Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is our main concern.
Our team have tried to anticipate your needs, however, if there is anything that we have over-looked, please let us know.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive appropriate service regarding air condition. The individual has already been counseled to ensure the same situation will not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Once Again thank you for staying with us during your visit to Hua Hin Cha Am and we invite you to include us in your future plans when you visit this area again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with my experience @ Verandah Resort & Spa

At check in / on arrival, the staff were very unprofessional. They were too busy complaining (in Thai) to each other about other staff members (yes some foreigners can understand Thai), rather than ensuring we were welcomed and ok.

This occurred quite a bit - at the bar and restaurant, staffing speaking unprofessional in Thai (obviously as they think guests do not understand them) - Management really need to address this issue.

we booked the upgraded Pool Suite and while the room is lovely and has an amazing private plunge pool, view and room layout- the Suites are actually located at the back of the resort across the road, so u do feel quite disengaged / seperate from the actual resort and it’s quite a walk to the beach.

Staffing was my really main concern - service in the bar, front beach/pool restaurant and breakfast restaurant was slow, disinterested or just non existent. I struggled to find a concierge at times for advise/ assistance and the girl at reception had very limited English skills which made it hard to communicate.

On check out /Departure - the same service as check in. Staff very unfriendly, not welcoming or helpful. I spent a lot of money at this property (room fee, food & beverage) and I don’t even get a simple THANK YOU FOR STAYING, ECT!!!

Based on the several hotels we have stayed at in thailand over this Past month, the Verandah Hotel was by far the worst. Very disappointed with this experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave G

Dear Dave G

Greeting from Veranda Resort Hua Hin – Cha Am MGallery by Sofitel

I am writing in response to your recent stay at Veranda Resort Hua Hin Cha Am, which has been forwarded to my attention. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.

I wish to thank you for all your constructive feedback and to convey my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. Clearly, this is not at all representative of what we expect our level of service to be and be assured that I have taken all the necessary steps to ensure that this will not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback, and obviously we are very troubled to hear of your disappointment with our quality of service. Please accept my sincere apologies, and we are now undertaking to solve this problem immediately.

We hope that your unpleasant experience will not mar your overall impression of the Veranda Resort as a whole and if your travel plan brings you back to Hua Hin you will again choose our hotel for your holiday destination.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments, we value your patronage and we very much hope that we will have the pleasure to be of service to you in the future.

Please contact me directly and I would the most appreciate if you are allow me to personal taking care of you,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I spent new year in this resort with a couple of friends. While the hotel is located on a nice beach and rooms are comfortable, featuring nice seaview, we went through a series of disappointments during our stay, not fitting to 5 star service you would expect from this brand. Starting from arrival, check-in process took us 40 min and during the stay, we suffered from lack of communication from staff.
Be also prepared that their level of English is very low and that they will not anticipate your needs at all. We had to struggle every time to explain what we wanted. Overall room was ok with a nice balcony. However pressure in the shower was very weak which does not make sense, as they have a nice rain shower in the bathroom. Our friends had the same problem in their own room, so we can only guess it is a general issue perhaps driven by cost saving reasons. Food was not up to expectations and choice scarce. The compulsory new year event, as expensive as it was, was mostly of bad taste, with average food and low category performers. Without any information from staff that there actually was house wine included in the package, we had to order a bottle on extra, which happened to be corked. Bottle was invoiced, despite the fact that we had returned it immediately.Fireworks however were a real success. On a separate note we would like to mention our Spa experience as hotel happens to claim themselves as spa resort; after our 1st positive experience in the SPA upon arrival we booked another session for 2 couples the next day after new year celebration, which was highly promoted and recommended by their staff and confirmed to us. However the next day, we found out that they made a mistake and treatment was available for one couple only. That was quite disappointing as we were really looking forward to it. Our friends who took the treatment were upset with it as well, claiming it had been done unprofessionally and overall experience was not as pleasant as 1st time. It felt like massage been done by trainees and overall services provided were not consistent. Despite all above issues and placed complaints, no excuses nor gestures were made by the hotel. Overall we still managed to enjoy holidays with our friends. However given the accumulation of events, we will certainly avoid staying or recommending Veranda resort to anyone.

Room Tip: take sea view rooms closer to corner of the building to avoid noise from the pool
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daria O

Dear Daria O

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback to us regarding your stay at Veranda Resort Hua Hin, and obviously we are very troubled to hear of your disappointment with our services especially at the Spa. We do have monthly training program for our staff to be ensure that all product are well produce. Please accept my sincere apologies, and we are now undertaking to solve this problem immediately.

Please contact me directly for your next visit, I will definitely be taking care of you.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately this Hotel has nothing to do with the usual Standard of a MGallery Hotel.
More likely a better IBIS or entry level of a Novotel.
Typical tourist place with basic offerings.
Staff friendly as you should expect, but not the quickest in any way.
Rooms and bathrooms slightly worn out and could use a makeover. At least my room.
Broken down coffee maker leaves you not much choice other than having a 2 hours old brew sitting on the heater. And only 1 coffee maker to serve the whole breakfast room is a bit of a joke anyway.

Do not disturb signs at the door mean nothing to housekeeping either, they still keep knocking and ringing at your door .

Gym, sorry but that's not a gym. 3x3m with a treadmill a bike and a lift station.

Pool as the exception, pretty big and water is refreshingly cold.

However, if you're used to the MGallery standard, far cry from it.

2.5 rating from me here unfortunately.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank stefanf1963
Jamnong B, Resort Manager at Veranda Resort Hua Hin - Cha Am Mgallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear stefanf1963
Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of Veranda Resort Hua Hin. I am very sorry to learn that your experience was less than adequate.
I understand your frustration at facing trouble of several issue regarding our service. We let you down in that regard and for that, I am also sorry.
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback, and obviously we are very troubled to hear of your disappointment with the hotel standardize. Please accept my sincere apologies, and we are now undertaking to solve this problem immediately.

Resort manager