Why not taste a bit of paradise when visiting Bangkok and break up the shopping. We have done just that on our last trip and got a local taxi service (hua him taxis) to drive us the 2-3hr trip to Hua Hin. We stayed at Sheraton Hua Hin and booked a club room with lagoon access and chilled out for 3 days. From the moment we arrived we were swept off our feet by staff with cold towels and welcome drinks and situated in room 7115 with part shade but near to the beach end. Don't get near the children's club as very noisy in the corridors as lagoon rooms have they balcony's opening directly onto the pool so you don't want to be disturbed.
We spent our three days breakfasting till 10am then relaxing on our sun lounges and vegetating reading and just sun baking. As it was the New Years weekend it was cool and breezy only around 19 degrees so the water was bracing and with a spa blower near by, we had the best of both worlds.
The club served afternoon tea as well with fresh scones, cakes and beverages of your choice so if peckish you could indulge or just join them for evening cocktails at 5:30 and canapés and watch the sun go down over the beach adjoining the resort. My advice is not to book if a large crowd is staying there especially an Indian Wedding as I can see how that would spoil the serenity of the resort and as the pool winds throughout the whole resort, you would surely be disturbed with wedding guests enjoying themselves.
I believe they were relocating the club lounge as it was near the large entrance foyer and although inside the lounge was air conditioned it was the outside lounges where people preferred, but often they were taken by non club members and people smoking. We viewed where they were planning to open a new private lounge but felt although more intimate it was a little small and lacked the lovely water feature in front of the older one if siting outside.
A quick mention to Teresa a staff assistant in training English and General run around in the breaky restaurant, she was very informative and in our minds an asset to Sheraton, as not much English know amongst dining staff. Hua Hin markets are worth a look at night and reached by the hotels shuttle but could do as a free service instead of the 50 baht pp each way. Other than that the 4 pieces of laundry done in club rooms was a delight and a welcome, after buying so much in bkk that could be pressed and folded to take home when leaving Thailand. Yes Sheraton was a delight and well worth the visit........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am