Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
Haven Resort(Cha-am)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,551 results
All reviewslagoon access roomluna lanaiindian weddinghua hinspg platinuminazia restaurantsundara loungegarden viewwedding guestsswimming poolshuttle buskids clubbeach barindian fooddirect accessthe ground floorshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2011

It was my second stay at this Sheraton property, I love it and would love to go back. The highlight of this place was their food - we had buffet breakfast as well as dinner at InAsia. We did the same thing during our previous visit. The food quality was exceptional.

We checked in on Sunday afternoon when most guests checked out. It took forever to get our rooms (we booked eight rooms), we experienced the same problem during our first visit. Nice looking pool but it wasn't that clean, again, I felt the same way last time. But the lagoon access room made it more enjoyable and private.

I'd love to go back if the rate is right.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
SheratonHuaHin, IT/E-commerce Executive at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Dear euro2006,

It is our pleasure to be able to welcome you twice to our resort and we are very happy you had a wonderful dining experience at The Deck and InAzia. Our InAzia restaurant has been awarded for 3 consecutive years in the “Best Restaurant Award 2008-2010”.

We apologize for the delay during your check in. Your comments have been passed on to our Management team for immediate action already.

Thank you for staying at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa and we hope to welcome you for the third time very soon!

Best regards,
Chatklao Jesdabodi,

Reviewed 1 February 2011

I stayed at the hotel in November '10. I wanted to get a cab to go fro a round of golf. The hotel car rental company had no cars available. The concierge kept confirming that a cab would arrive in five min. After waiting for almost an hour I lost my tee time. I went to the reception to fill up a suggestion card to report the same, I was approached by a person to help. Upon explaining the situation he said that the hotel is not responsible for cabs. I told him that I would like to report to the GM, he told me he is the GM and does not GIVE A [--]. His exact words. I then told him that there is not much to talk about and that I would like to shake his hand and move on. He refused to shake my hand. Exasperated I walked away.
Would not recommend the hotel to anyone who does not wish to be belittled by the staff there. That too the GM himself. Shocking for Thailand and the hospitality business.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NakulH
SheratonHuaHin, IT/E-commerce Executive at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2011

Dear NakulH,

Thank you for your comment.

We at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa understand the importance of fulfilling our guests’ expectations and it concerns us greatly that you have departed with a negative impression.

As you mentioned that your stay with us was in November last year, our senior management has not been able to recall this unfortunate incident. Most of the Golf Courses that we know of in this area provide a free transportation to and from the hotel to their customers with advance reservation. Our In-house Limousine service will definitely have alternative car service incase all the cars are booked during high season at the hotel as this company also provides the same service to many other hotels in this area.

It is never in our practice to call or advise a local taxi to any of the guests due to hotel security policy. Local taxis have never been called or booked by the hotel or hotel associates as there is no official taxi company (who is liable in case of accident) available in this area, we are not as lucky as Bangkok where public taxi companies are available.

We have had many Indian weddings and functions at our hotel and we have been receiving very good feedback regarding our service and our staffs.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Sheraton Hua Hin resort & Spa the next time you visit Thailand.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2011

I did an exhaustive research on possible properties at Hua Hin and
zeroed in on the Sheraton. The criteria which guided us in our
selection was the standard of service, leisure and proximity to the
waters. I think we struck gold!

The drive from Suvarnabhumi was a long one (especially after a delayed
flight!!) and we couldn't wait to kick off them shoes. We had booked a
lagoon access room. Upon reaching the hotel, we were given a room which
was the first one after the restaurants and bang next to the kid's
club....meant there would be a lot of noise! We made a request to the
(extremely) nice lady who showed us our room. Even though we arrived on
Christmas and the hotel was packed, we were given another room much
closer to the beach within 10 mins. We really appreciated that!

After checking in, we had a bite at Salas, the pool restaurant. The
food was great! They have these really comfy spots along the pool where
you can sit and chill. That took away most of our exhaustion. The
service was great! Lots of smiles and lots of recommendations by the
staff, at the same time, not intrusive. Keep in mind that language is a
big problem in Hua Hin (Thailand for that matter!). The staff were well
trained in english which meant no issues whatsoever....w definitely had
loads of trouble with language in the town and also in Bangkok.

We visited the beach.....a total shocker at first blush! There 'was' no
beach when we saw and that was a big turn off! However, when we went
there again a day later, viola!! The tide was low and the beach was
nice. Though there were none of them recliners on the beach per se,
there were recliners just above the beach on this beautiful lawn
overlooking the beach. Definitely not a fault of the hotel though, just
a personal observation. Everything went great from there!

Rooms were really spacious, clean and had every amenity required by a
traveller. Nice big LCD telly's too! Lagoon access room's are a must!
You can jump into the pool straight from your room! The pool is, by
far, the best we've seen till date! Huge pool which flows all around
the property with jacuzzi's every here and there. Ends up in an
infinity view at the beach front. (Tip: Get one of those inflatable
raft thingies from town 180 - 600 bhat) and laze around with a drink.

The shuttle service is free of costs and runs at regular intervals of
every hour. Its on a first come first serve basis but you can also book
a little in advance especially during rushed up days. It takes 15 mins
to get to town which other wise costs you 100 Bhat by tuk-tuk and 200
by cab! People around town are very courteous and polite. No problems
even late at nights.

Excellent spa! Might not be the best, definitely one of them!

Overall, we accomplished what we set out to do! The staff made the stay
a sheer pleasure. The property is beautiful and vast and really
beautiful at night! If you're looking for a place to go to for doing
nothing but lazing and taking a break from everyday life, the Sheraton
is a great option. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shiv_s408
SheratonHuaHin, IT/E-commerce Executive at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2011

Dear shiv_s408,

It was such a pleasure to read your review. We appreciate the time it took to leave your feedback and we are happy that your overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Thank you for the kind compliments regarding our staffs, we are happy you enjoyed the amenities in your Lagoon Access room along with our free shuttle van and the wonderful surrounding.

Our hope is that you come back and visit with us soon!

Warm regards,
Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed in the Sheraton after a 10 day Thailand Tour. The luxurious rooms and really fantastic swimming pool (never seen anything like this before!) made for excellent relaxing. The service was excellent as well, with very friendly and helpful staff.

I was not satisfied, however, with Wifi services: three networks (with unreliable service), poor signal (except for the lobby), constant need to log in every time, and excessive cost in the rooms. Surely that should be much improved and simplified.

The hotel is at about 10 km from Hua Hin city, which is a disadvantage to those who would prefer to walk. But the hotel provides a good, free shuttle service (about hourly), and taxis are also not expensive (200-250 baht for four persons).

The hotel has several restaurants, which are rather expensive for Thai circumstances, but quite affordable for Europeans. The Asian restaurant has won prizes, and is definitely nice, but the Thai kitchen is less authentic than many simple places in Hua Hin.

All is all a very pleasant ending to our Thailand tour.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
SheratonHuaHin, IT/E-commerce Executive at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2011

Dear VincenzoH1962,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your experience whilst staying with us. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to IT department head responsible for the WiFi internet connection in the area you mentioned that needs improvement and accordingly I will follow up in order to improve our WiFi internet service.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our luxurious rooms and the swimming pool. The staffs have been informed of your compliment on their service.

I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Thailand.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 January 2011

The hotel has a beautiful pool and surroundings. Almost like an oasis. Beautiful. However this is not a 5 star hotel in our opinion. As there are quite a few issues:
1. The rooms are more off a 4 star than a 5 star
2. Kids club – they state it is free, but every time you pick up your kids they have painted something that cost between 180 – 600 Baht. One day I picked up my two kids and they charged us 1850 baht for something that the kids had painted
3. Service – the service is rather poor to be a five star hotel. There is little initiative from the employees (expect perhaps in the restaurant InAzia where the service is quite good) I.e. at breakfast you have to ask for a table, you have to ask for coffee or for them to wash the breakfast table. This is apparent throughout the hotel. I.e at the gym the employees are searching the Internet. Sum up, the service is definitely not what you should expect from a 5 star hotel.
4. Shuttle service – we booked the shuttle service on a return trip. However, they wouldn´t let us on it because we didn´t have a ticket. However, no one had given us a ticket when we booked. There we were with two small kids and the 5 star hotel shuttle would not let us on because they said we lacked the ticket that they had forgotten to give us.
5. Weddings and conventions. We paid a decent (high) European price for our room. However, there were several late night conventions during our stay and impossible for our children to sleep.
6. Renovation – the last days of our stay there were not many clients in the hotel. I believe the hotel saw this as an opportunity to renovate the hotel.
7. Hygiene – We stayed nearly 14 days at this 5 star resort. Every morning at breakfast our table was sticky and dirty. Also in the room the cleaning could have been better.
8. One night the guest in the connecting room decided to have his connected door open in the middle of the night. This woke up both us and the children

We definitely had expected more from a Sheraton and will choose differently next time☺ Especially when compared to the price we paid. We paid more than in a European 5 star!

Also we had 5 meals in the Hilton Hua Hin and enjoyed all. Super service. Also the service at the Marriott was good when we ate there

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank solita14
SheratonHuaHin, IT/E-commerce Executive at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2011

Dear Marko96,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestroom during your stay.

Our lower pool near the beach lawn is the widest part of our swimming pool with Jacuzzi spots that allows you to relax with a full view of the blue ocean.

The limousine service can be booked in advance and pick-up time can be advised directly to the driver, or at our limousine counter.

Your comment of Food & Beverages has been passed on to the Management and Department Head already.

We are looking forward to your next visit at Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Sincerely yours,