Hua Hin was the final port-of-call before we headed home. Although the taxi-ride was a scary and very fast journey from Bangkok airport (we picked it up from 'departures'), the Sheraton Hua Hin was the perfect piece of tranquility before leaving Thailand.
We arrived late in the afternoon and received a warm welcome from the reception staff. Formalities over, we were whisked off to our (free upgrade of a) poolside room. The rceptionish came with us - very nice touch - and explained the amenities to us. Very cool having direct pool access.
The room was very large, freshly decorated and came with everything one could possibly need. Zero complaints. Good (free) WiFi too. Great bonus.
The garden/pool areas are beautifully tended and the air is perfumed with flowers. looks fantastic at night too. Beach is very narrow but I'm more of a pool person anyway - and it was massive.
Breakfast was included in our rate and as one would expect in Asia, a great spread with pretty much anything you could want. And then some more.
Hua Hin is well worth the cab or shuttle ride and we went in most evenings. Its infrastructure is very good and I would say better that Phuket. Clean restaturants and touristic - in a good way.
My one 'niggle' would be the hotel shuttle; on the day we arrived the ticket system had been canned and it was a free-for-all which illustrates the worst behaviours in people. Some of the Scandic people got quite nasty having turned up late for the bus. The ticket system was put back in the next day. This still left people disappointed.
Next time I'm in Hua Hin I will definately stay at the Sheraton - but for longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am