Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
US$78
US$47
US$38
Agoda.com
Hi Chiangrai Hotel(Chiang Rai)
US$42
US$41
US$35
Trip.com
2,330 results
All reviewsitalian restaurantlatest recipegrand deluxe roomthe riverspg platinuminfinity poolbeautiful hotelgolden trianglekids clubbreakfast buffetmain restaurantthe general managerclose to the airportshuttle busluxury hotelbeautiful groundsmae kok river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Le Meridien just last night before headed back to Bangkok. This is very nice place to stayed with family and friends, enjoy the great river views and nature. I stayed at Double Beds Room. Beacuse this is under the Starwood umbrealla so I never doubt with the impeccable services and fantastic decoration. The hotel itself located near the city center and near the airport just only 10 minutes. I love all the hotel decorations both daytime and night time. They have some problems about the smoke, unfortunately that I am sensitive about this cause I am allergic. So this made me a little bit got cough but over all it's good.
I love the pillows, I really love it.
The bed is real clean and nice. It is a little bigger than usual. The bath tub, towels are all clean. Beacuse I am allergic as I said above and I didn't havr any medicine with me. Then I asked the front desk via the phone. Then I asked for any of medicine because I need medicine for my itchy skin. But they can not give me the medicien but they can give me a kind of calamine lotion. The next morning, after lingered in the bed more than hour I decided to have a breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The food was great all staffs are nice and willing to help. They offered me the signature drink which is an eye openners. The mixed of juices, there are Mango, Chilli,etc... and Rasberry, peppers,etc ... I prefered the Rasberry one and Bottoms up! The taste was great better than I thought. After I finished the breakfast, then I understood clearly what the eye openers means.

I got a diarrhea!

And this is the second time that I have to asked for some medicine from front desk and they given me the kinds of white menthol syrup and it didn't made me better that much but I can touch their concerning about the customer.
Well, over all the hotel was nice with the imppeccable services and fantastic views. I really enjoyed to stay at your property.

PS. I Do Really Love Your Pillows.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank simjeniece
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear simjeniece

How kind you are. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. When guests are so generous with their time to post a Trip Advisor review, I do think it’s important that I do the courtesy of responding.

I do note your comments that the staff has not given medicine to you. Your point is well made and thanks for making it so candidly.

Guest feedback is a wonderful gift – and I thank you again for yours. I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you in Chiang Rai again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Got a HUGE suite, with nice balcony overlooking the pool. Room was great, property is beautiful by day and night, restaurants and food was pretty good too. Overall, we were really impressed with this property, and very reasonable prices too (by western standards).

If you are in on a Saturday night, be sure to check out the night-market downtown, it is great, and very few tourists (unlike Chiang Mai).

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a suite, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Dinklage

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate it as it assists us with improving the quality of our products and services.

I thank you for your very positive comments about our fantastic property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for highlighting the need. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our Suite Room and food as well as reasonable prices.

Thank you again for your review and for staying wit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I am on a group tour and did not make the reservation or check in so I cannot comment on that.
This is a Starwood facility so I'm not surprised that it's first class and stunning. The room would be 5 stars in NYC! It's a resort on the water with very private comfortable balconies equipped with bug repellent burners.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Molly66
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Molly66

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for only one night, so we didn't have a chance to experience all the hotel is said to offer. The reception was friendly and our room was very spacious with a large bathroom. The surroundings were pleasant, although a bit fabricated: the hotel didn't quite sink into its surroundings. The pool looked nice, but also lacked a bit of that tropical atmosphere you would look for in a resort. We didn't need to visit Chiang Rai, and that's a good thing: the hotel is not really close to the city. I believe, though, that the hotel operates a shuttle service. There is free WiFi and the staff was particularly helpful when I couldn't get my iPad to connect. What was very disappointing to us was the food. The Thai cuisine is one of the best in the world and the hotel offered a less than mediocre selection of bland mix of European and Thai food. Probably because tourists are an awful public when it comes to food, because they tend to want to eat there own style of food, but it was disappointing to us. In addition, the food was relatively speaking expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MaartenMike,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai. Your review will provide us with valuable information that will assist us in improving our products, service and brand.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We very much appreciate your comments as we certainly have a magnificent property on the banks of the Kok River and only 5 kilometers out of the centre of Chiang Rai town.

I am sorry to learn that you felt our food was disappointing. We will review the offerings and look for ways to enhance our product.

I again would like to apologise for not quite meeting your expectations and to thank you for your feedback.

I would hope you would provide us another opportunity in the future to experience the Le Meridien Chiang Rai and Favola to restore your faith in our fabulous Italian restaurant and property.

Stephen

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nice big hotel with modern facilities. Good value for money.
Super large and modern room.
Beautiful surrounding gardens.
Pleasant restaurant. breakfast buffet was excellent, eastern and western food.
very helpful staff.
Hotel is a bit out of town center, 5 minutes by taxi.
Verity of rooms not all are facing the river. We change a room because it was on ground floor near to garage entrance and we could hear the ventilation system. The staff was helpful and we did not have any difficulty to change the room.

Room Tip: Far from garage entrance are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear danSh

I thank you for your very positive comments about our fantastic property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and your comments regarding service are a joy to read. Whenever we receive a Trip Advisor review, we always share it with our hotel team at the daily morning meeting. The team beamed when they heard your warm words.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Regards