“Great resort”

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Chiang Rai
Shanghai, China
“Great resort”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Le Meridien is always my best favorate hotel brand. It worth the money. the resort is big and beautiful. the room is comfortable. the staffs r attentive. The food is good. It's the best place to stay in Chiang Rai

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Tracy C

Thank you for writing this wonderfully detailed and positive review. Your comments are wonderfully details and therefore much valued.
I'm extremely pleased you loved the beautiful space of the resort along with our food, we do get regular great comments about them and I'll be thrilled to share your comments with our teams.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the “Lanna kingdom again in the future. Thank you again for this review.

Warm regards
Stephen Morahan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 May 2014

great place to chill out with your holidays!!Just only 10 mins from the airport. Right next to the river, greenery spaces with big trees. The staff are also helpful and warm welcome. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: the room with river view are excellent!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fitri H
Dear Fitri H

How kind of you to write this detailed review – and thank you for your wonderfully positive comments.
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I do hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Northern Thailand again in the future....and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meridien.

With warm regards
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I was a little disappointed with the hotel. The service was pretty good though, including when I had to call to get a toothbrush delivered to my room (it's not standard practice to put tooth brushes in rooms apparently!)! Also the minibar had to be paid for (surely not true 5 star), and the massage in the spa costs over 3000 baht! This is ridiculous. In the town centre I got one of the may messages in my life (and I've had a lot), for just 500 baht for 90 minutes! The price difference can not be justified. The breakfast was OK, and they did price match agoda on walk in (though first told me I'd have to go book online, which they backtracked on). Overall a nice hotel, but not great at all

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkOne2
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear MarkOne2

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate it as it assists us with improving the quality of our products and services.
I was disappointed to learn that we have not met your expectations due to amenities in your room, and for that I am very sorry.
I am sorry to learn that you felt our very well regarded Spa, Parvati , was overpriced. Rarely do we receive feedback that is negative regarding the massage experience in Parvati as it is considered one of the best spa in the North of Thailand. Our spa manager pay particular attention to the freshness and the quality of massage as professional in Parvati.
I again would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations, and to thank you for your positive feedback and areas for our improvement. I would hope you would provide us another opportunity in the future to experience the Le Meridien Chiang Rai, without the frustrations that you experienced during your most recent stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great value for money (they have good offers on sale every now and then) also very good to spend your starwood points

Big guest rooms, very clean and quiet. Huge garden, food and beverage very good. Best place to stay in Chiang Rai

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SwissTravelManager
Dear SwissTravelManager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your recent stay with us at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai. Your review will provide us with valuable information that will assist us in improving our products, service and brand.
Thank you for these wonderful comments. It was our pleasure to welcome you as our guest. It is very kind of you to take the time to write this review and to share your feedback. Much appreciated.
I thank you for your feedback and would hope you would provide us another opportunity to stay in our fabulous property in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I'll probably need to update this once my stay is complete but for now:
The hotel is beautiful and the design and siting on the Me kok river is beautiful. Really unique to see the river and the pool so close together.
We were welcomed nicely with tea and were upgraded to a better room (likely due to SPG membership).
Rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and designed.
However ... There are some things that don't sit right with me, particularly because this is a 5-star hotel (ordinarily, I wouldn't be fussed by these things):
- little things about the construction: our room door is stiff to open and it seems the handle is actually loose. The tap in the washroom is very stiff to open and close.
- our bathroom mat is frayed at the edges. I know it happens but this isn't what is expect from a 5-star facility.
- hotel shuttle. There's a convenient shuttle between the hotel, the city and the shopping mall. However, I was shocked that they actually charge for this. The charge itself is minimal (approx $1.50 per person) but this is the type of complimentary service is expect of a 5-star hotel.
- along the same lines, there are two water bottles in my room with a note saying they are free only because I'm a SPG member. Every hotel I've stayed in so far in Thailand (3-4 stars) offers free bottler water. Do they not offer this to guests who aren't SPG members?
That's all for now, may have more updates later.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank sfryyz
Stephen M, General Manager at Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear sfryyz,

I apologise that we did not quite meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive comments and I will certainly share them with the team. I would be grateful if you would be able to provide me with the room in which stayed so as I can further investigate the taps and door that you have spoken of in your review. My email address is stephen.morahan@lemeridien.com.

The shuttle service is not run, or managed by the property, but rather by a third party, hence the reason why there is a THB50 charge for the service.

All guests of the Le Meridien Chiang Rai receive complimentary bottled water. The SPG tag on the water is to provide you with additional reading information regarding SPG.

I thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our wonderful property in the not too distant future.

Stephen
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A lovely hotel, maybe far of the city. Very nice hotel, nice gatden. The room are perfect, clean and charming. The service is excellent. The italian restaurant is the best in chiang rai. The pool is so nice we like to stay more..... The breakfast is the best we got in our trip.

I will go bak next year............

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mike s
Dear mike s

Thank you for these warm and encouraging comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guests, and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your room(we do get super comments from guests on this) and that you enjoyed the pool river-side location.
Your comments regarding service are a joy to read.
I'm extremely pleased you loved the quiet space of the resort along with our Favola Italian restaurant and our breakfast selection, we do get regular great comments about them and I'll be thrilled to share your comments with our teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Meridien Chiang Rai.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely hotel however a bit far from town - will need to catch the shuttle or grab a taxi into town. The rooms were clean and agreed that there is a ton of mosquitos so bring your bug spray. Unfortunately, during my stay we were hit by the earthquake and the staff was so lovely and calm. They still worked through and calmed our nerves and still delivered wonderful customer service despite the fact that we experienced aftershocks thereafter.

Favola was also amazing. The pasta was delicious and probably the best that I've ever had while living in Asia. Would definitely recommend even though it's a bit far from the town but quality of the resort makes up for it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lingc77

Whenever we received guest comments, we take time to review the feedback as a team. If there is something we need to do better, we make actions plans, raise awareness and monitor improvements.
Our team was delighted with your feedback – thank you!
Thank you for your encouraging words regarding our Italian restaurant Favola –this continues to be something that guests make positive comment on – and I must give kudos to our Favola kitchen team that they continue to try to innovate and find new ways to make it even better– and I am really pleased with the guest comments received so far.

Guest feedback is a wonderful gift – and I thank you again for yours. I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you in Chiang Rai again in the future.

Warm regards