Lowest prices for your stay
US$12
Free cancellation until 30/09/21
Hotels.comUS$12
TravelocityUS$12
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2012

wonderfull place in the mountains, very kind people and excellent guides to make a jungle tour without the visit of a snake, elephant, lion or other farm. Great walks in the nature and a quiet place, really worth a visit!!! better than the trekking from chiang mai or chiang rai

Room tip: there are different types of bungalows, some with 'normal' toilets, others with 'french' toilets. Choose what u want. There is no big luxe over there, but thats the reason why u have to go. Make also a visit to the 'akha museum', an interactive view of their history by mr amae. interesting and fun to do, also with kids
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BramD493
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Visited the hill tribe for a few hours, did not sleep at the lodges. The people were nice, the younger ones performed for us. Very memorable stay. Went with tour company so maybe that's why my review is different from other folks.

Date of stay: September 2011
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ZeeGoes
Reviewed 2 August 2012

A couple of friends stayed here and raved about it. My experience wasn't that great. Although the bungalow was inexpensive, the blanket had holes in it as did the mosquito netting. When i asked for tape to fix the holes, there wasn't any.

The food was very greasy and salty...definitely the worst Pad Thai I've ever had.

The museum was closed, no one provided information about the village and the handicrafts that several women sold were like any you could buy at Wawarot Market in Chiang Mai, definitely not handmade by the villagers.

The photo on Trip Advisor is of the Akha River House, not the Hill House.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank paulacorno
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I think if you want a tranquility, better stay in Akha Hill House Chiangrai. fell the athmosphere of nature : a beautiful scenery, tea plantation and waterfall too. good for adventurer...it is a cheap accomodation suit for backpacker.
you can interact with villager (akha people) so you will close to thai people and give you a new experiences

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank arif_boeddy
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The arrogance of the owner and smugness of having good reviews on TA will do this place damage unless they smarten up their act. The only friendly staff member was the guy that drove us out there- even then although the pick up was on time, we drover 10 min and then had to wait over an hr before he came back to drive us out to Akha Hill - hence I didn't get my swim at the waterfall when we arrived as it was too late.

VIP room was dirty and on notifying the staff of the dirt that had fallen from the celing on the sheet and pillow, they simply brushed most of it onto the floor and left the rest for me to do. The towels and sheets were stained. It was dusty and insect excrement everywhere.

The place is getting run and not maintained and not clean!! Our deck had food on it and I was bitten by ants, the bathroom had toothpaste remenants on the wall and walls needed maintaining as bits of mud were coming away exposing concrete walls behind - not a good look.

The tables in the dining area were dirty but then one time I saw them cleaning them with a dirty rag - that was after I put in my breakfast order to see the cook playing with a dog in the kitchen.

Forget about having a sleep-in in the tranquil surrounds - there are no curtains on the window so the sun wakes you up early and then the kids on their way to school are noisy (that's not their fault however they could ask them to be quiet when going past the guesthouse). Tranquil nights sleep - the fan is too noisy to hear the sound of the forest : (

A nice touch would be some hammocks to have a lazy time in as once you have been to the waterfall and walked around a bit and walked back up a super steep hill, there is not much else to do unless you do a guided trek.

The owner showed up the second night, didnt say hello or even acknowledge any of the guests and on leaving the owner got into the front of the pick up with the driver and most of us had to sit or stand in the back - he didn't offer any of us a seat.

I rely a lot on trip adviser and havent had to post a bad review yet and I'm hoping this will help the owner and staff for future business. I'm sure there are a lot more places to stay in the area that's at least friendly and clean, so,for now, look around!!

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Wendy W